john49

Hi all i just joined,im new to this hobby just building a 450 trex clone following tonys videos so far so good,i also going to build a hk 500gt i have most parts just waiting for a few more bits.A few years ago i bought an e smart 550 fully upgraded parts i never flew it (i cant fly yet) i believe you cant get parts for it anymore or are hard to find just wondering could parts of the heli be transferred onto a trex 550 clone thanks

Lee

Hi John,
Welcome to the forum. Anything you need just ask.
As for the E Smart 550, you can use the electrics (motor, ESC, servos, etc ) Blades main and tail, paddles. As for frame parts, some may fit like tail boom, landing gear, flybar. But you'll just have to check and see for those.
All the best Lee

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum John. If there is anything we can help you with just let us know. Make sure to post a build thread in the 500 heli section before building that helicopter, I have a LOT of suggestions on what you need to replace on that helicopter.

john49

thanks guys for the welcome,my ambition is just to hover them at the moment.I spent a lot of money on them a few years ago and only crashed ,so i gave the hobby up.I have the bug back again this time i have done lots of hours on the phoenix sim i understand them a bit more after building one and watching tonys videos.I think my biggest problem will be setting up my spektrum dx6i for a beginner

Tony

Staff member
For a beginner setting, put full throws in with about 45% expo, then use dual rates in position 0 or 1 and lower the throws down to about 60% with 40% expo. This will make the sticks very soft feeling and should provide for a better hover. I know how you feel about doing nothing but crashing, I did the same thing when I got started. Wait scratch that, I still do that lmao. I can fly planes, but my fingers just won't work right with a heli.

john49

Thanks for that info lee at least i know now i can use the parts of the e 550 smart so it will reduce the cost when i start the build

wolfman76

welcome to the forum john i myself have 3 helis a scratch built blade 400 3d an exi 450 trex clone and i also have a hk500gt listen to tony bout the upgrades you will need to make to the 500 he knows his stuff i have already made the upgrades on mine and believe me it makes a world of difference... I also fly on phoenix anf real flight 6 just look for this name usually if i am on i am hosting nw indiana fun fly on phoenix

john49

Thanks wolfman i will listen to tony about upgrades,i looked at all his videos on the 450 thats what inspired me to build one,otherwise i would never have attempted it i would still be looking at rtf ones, and they are fun to build, only wish i could fly lol

john49

lol,as im new to this forum still trying to find my way around,how do i get into the 500 section to see what upgrades you recommend for my 500gt thanks tony

john49

Thanks tony think i found it i looked at your list of upgrades the only one i couldnt find is this-http://www.rcbits.com.au/content/h50...ail-drive-gear

Top Bottom