Hi all im new here and also new to the world of rc helicopters, this site was recommended to me as a helpfull site with decent members, Currently i am learning to fly a Blade 450x with about 15mins flight time and several crashes, Im hoping to learn a lot from this site to help me along the way - thanks Allan

Tony

Staff member
Whatup Allan, and welcome to RCH. Were you referred here from a friend or a business? Either way, we are glad you are here. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post up in the forum. We are always happy to help out.

:welcome1:

thanks guys im pretty new to helis and was looking for advice on set up, i got some conflicting advice from a few sites so i looked through facebook ad came across a page called rc heli pilots. some really helpful people on there, A couple of the guys recommended this site for advice so i'm having a look through the forum, think it might take me some time to view the pages of info

EyeStation

Welcome to the forum.
All I can say about getting a good hover and slow learning flights, Take your pitch curve to 45, 48, 50, 65, 65. And put in a lot on your Dual Rates and Expo on your TX. This will limit the amount of lift and downward force around the center of the collective stick, and the rates and expo will help de-sensitize the cyclic stick. making it a bit tamer to keep in place.

Tony

Staff member
Eye, with toe curves you are going to have to have a very high head speed to get it off the ground. I myself have always suggested 46 48 50 75100 and then set the throttle curves on the hhelicopters to 0 45 65 65 65. I have found that to be the most stable as far as bobbing is concerned.

OP, the site is pretty large. The thing that makes us different is we encourage you to ask questions. You don't "have" to search, you just have to ask the questions. And we are here to help. And tell those guys over there on FB that I said thank you.

thanks tony i will try those settings on my tx, i cant get flying just now as we have high winds and snow. All the settings on my FBL unit are standard factory settings and after reading a few posts on here i think i need to do a complete setup again. The info ive read so far is much more in depth than in the user manuals. the manual states ot to use sub trim but do it via FBL unit. when i have time i think i will have a lot of questions for you all. will thank the guys on FB for you - allan

murankar

Staff member
There is way to much info on here to read it all. Its better to ask the question. Besides some of the post titles won't clue you in as to what its about. Some will say "help" and that's it, so just ask.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

not sure this is the place for vids, Here is my 10th flight (tried to keep it low wind was a bit gusty so maybe a bad idea to fly) starting to feel a bit more confident now, any criticism/advice welcome, thanks Allan

Last edited by a moderator:

Lillyryan

Well done mate. Coming along great. It's always tricky when flying in gusts. You will find it easier once out in the open and you can get a bit more height and not be affected by ground effect. Great job.

Tony

Staff member
If that is only your 10th flight, you are doing great! My 10th flight was no where near that controlled. Keep going, find an open field and start moving that thing around. Again, great job. Controlling that thing with those winds, that close to the ground in the rotor wash and in that confined of a space is a challenge. Keep it up! and keep the videos coming!

Tony

Staff member
I will be looking forward to seeing it. Just remember, inside, the ground effect or rotor wash will make this thing move all over the place.

Had 3 flights indoors today, was expecting to be a little better but just need more practice, here's a video of flight no 13

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
You have the video set to Private. You can set it to Unlisted if you only want us to see it, or set it to Public so that everyone can see it and it's searchable on YouTube.

Top Bottom