newbie to site

taizi

Hi im paul (taizi) and im a brit and been attempting to fly helis since last summer and will be living im china next week
I started with a CP3 and now have a mini FP atom and my new 250 clone with DX6i and built from king 2 electronics with towerpro sg50 servos and awaiting new acerlab G1000 gyro

Anyone got the same kit
Look forward to speaking with you
Paul (taizi is my chinese name)

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Welcome to the forum Paul, glad you could make it over here. I did get your email, just have not had a chance to reply yet. Let us know if there is anything we can help with. As for the 250, your not going to get much good feedback from us here lol. We all pretty much have had one, and had to fight them every step of the way. Just the nature of the beast I guess.

murankar

Staff member
welcome to your new home. on youtube search HK 250 nightmare and you may see some good info. It just maybe the first video.

taizi

Ok thanks, I will check it out
I need all the help I can get because I dont want to crash all that carbon :wink:

Lee

Welcome mate. At least if you are in China, you should get parts quickly :D As for the 250, Good luck :D Don't skimp on electrics. Being small, they need all the help they can get. Cheap electrics will not give you a very stable bird.
Why you moving to China?

taizi

Hi, there thanks
I will be in china by end of next week, might try and get a job with heli company to translate website.
Hope I can still access this site when there because they restrict some western sites
Thanks for tips on 250 (doing on a budget)
Paul

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
You never know. I agree it will be spotty in China getting out of the country on the internet. They are very particular about what they let into the country (from my understanding). Hopefully you will be able to.

murankar

Staff member
Good luck with the build. Even though it is a budget you will want to get a good gyro and tail servo. This will help out a bunch, it's because of the size you need mid to high end tail electrics.

The Assan GA 250 gyro is fairly inexpensive and from what I have seen it does a real good job. HK makes the same gyro theirs is the HK GA 250, Tony uses / used that one and can give more details about it. As far as the servo goes look around the net, I found the Align DS520 tail servo on-line for $20 under normal retail price, but that is for a 450 size tail. Anyhow Good luck!

Tony

Staff member
For the 250 size heli's, the GA-250 gyro and the DS-420 Align servo is what I would suggest. I don't have any proof of this, but I'm 99% sure the HK GA-250 is just a rebranded Assan GA-250. They are exactly the same, specs and all.

taizi

Thanks for advice guys, at the moment ive got 4 towerpro sg50 cos they were £5 each and weigh 5g (will upgrade at later date with wife permission) im also setting up a kds flymentor so hope it will help and not hinder, I also picked up an acerlab G1000 gyro so I can fit either with or without kds, I think the G1000 is same as telebee (or vice versa)

From what ive seen of the 250 kits it looks like there are a couple types of kits used and renamed by different companies,

Really hope I can set network up to stay intouch, this hobby is like bikers, loads of nice people
Thanks everyone
Paul

taizi

i think your right all the kits seem to be one or two types but different companies buying and rebranding

just need to spend some time on finishing the setup, will wait till im china side as everything packed, i also hope i can get through the chinese network, should be ok as its usually the big sites they block like FB and Yuotube, so i will keep you posted

thanks for all replies i know im in good hands with you guys
paul

taizi

hi guys
just checking in from Dalian China and all is well, im really lucky because there are flying areas all over the place and cant wait to get the 250 up and away as nearly ready for maiden test flight
if i can check something out in china (websites etc) for anyone, please let me know and i wil do my best to find out

regards
paul

Tony

Staff member
Paul, I'm really glad to see you can access the forum from there. I guess we are small fish flying under the radar lol. And checking out sites? Shoot I may have you send me some things lmao. Hope you enjoy it over there.

taizi

ok mate let me know will help if i can, it seems they only block facebook and youtube so i think everything else is ok, thanks for making me feel welcome really appriciate it, will let you know how maiden goes soon

regards
paul

Top Bottom