Newbie to RC and TX

dragon-chess

Howdy everyone,

Never flown a plane or build an RC. I tinker alot with electronics and Im a Technician with TI. Finally have time to start this hobby now that Im done with school and have a job, so hopefully this is succesfull.
Building a mock of dusty crophopper from Disneys planes as my first build. I know this is a bit much to bite off for a first build and flight but also figured I would learn quite a bit from the attempt. Hopefully successfull attempt. Using an old JR 421ex remote with a JR R770s receiver, 7.4V lipo batt, 30A outrunner brushless motor and ESC combo, 4 servos(2 mixed signal for the ailerons), solid foam build. On break at work I will post some pictures later once I get home.

Lee

Welcome to the forum dude.
Make sure to post plenty of pictures of your build in the Plane forum.

dragon-chess

Anna, TX... North Dallas area ... buddy gave me the JR 421ex transmitter with a charger...the one he gave me wouldn't power on... just received another in mail from E-bay powered on just low batter plugged new one into charger now nothing :( hoping it just needs more charge but have a feeling it just burnt out this transmitter as well... thinking im gonna find a local store and see whats available and affordable :( :(

heli-maniac

Anna, TX... North Dallas area ... buddy gave me the JR 421ex transmitter with a charger...the one he gave me wouldn't power on... just received another in mail from E-bay powered on just low batter plugged new one into charger now nothing :( hoping it just needs more charge but have a feeling it just burnt out this transmitter as well... thinking im gonna find a local store and see whats available and affordable :( :(

Cool Im In Fort Worth
I would check on a DX6i as Matthias Said or even better DX8

dragon-chess

Figured out what happen fried first controller or it was fried already. but second was ok just fried the battery the charger wasnt o.e.m. so the ground and supply were backwards. Got it up and running just trying to get Tx to talk to Rx. Trust me I want the Spektrum Dx6-8 wouldnt care which but wifey is gonna put the "No" on that.
Thank you

sarconastic

Maybe I'm an odd duck but I too couldn't afford the DX6, I want it but the money wasn't and still isn't there. I want too many other toys first lol. So I picked up a FlySky FS-T6 for $60 with a receiver. It works great for my purposes. It has 20 model memory and is 6 channels to boot. I am flying two home built planes a V911 and now a V912 on it. it is not however DSM2 compatible. But I don't find that drawback right now. Extra receivers are $10 to $15 on Amazon.

Welcome to the forum and good luck.

Woody

Barge

My girlfriend got a tad narky when I told her the Align 450L would be turning up soon, so I went out and bought her an iPad Air, it worked out brilliant, she loves the heli and I haven't seen her for 2 days. I must admit I'm getting a bit hungry:duh:

Top Bottom