General Newbie seeking numbers

bangwings

I have the DX6i and the E-Flite Blade 120SR, Does anybody out there have the correct info to program this model correctley into the DX6. Tony, i recieved my new transmitter back from Horizon, and it was a internal software issue that caused my tx not to hold in model#4, they said it could happen on any of the ten, just a liitle update there. I've searched your vids and never came accross on how to program this little 4 channel into it, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Tony

Staff member
Try this and let me know if it gets you in the air. Sometimes you can get a setup list on the product page on Horizon Hobby.

D/R Expo
AILE 0 75% +20
ELEV 0 75% +20
RUDD 0 75% +20
Now flip all ypur switches to the "1" position...
AIEL 1 100% +30
ELEV 1 100% +30
RUDD 1 100% +30

TRAVEL ADJUST...all 100%

SUB TRIM ...all 0

RATE SW-GYRO
0:<100.0%
1: 0.0%

THROTTLE CURVE
NORM
POS L 0.0%
POS 2 43.0%
POS 3 51.5%
POS 4 80.0%
POS H 100.0%
STUNT
POS L 0.0%
POS 2 40.0%
POS 3 60.0%
POS 4 80.0%
POS H 100.0%

HOLD - 0.0%

PITCH CURVE ...not used its a FP heli!

SWASH MIX INH

MIX 1 INH

MIX 2 INH

REVO MIX all 0%

SET UP LIST:
MODEL TYPE HELI

REVERSE all N

SWASH TYPE 1 servo 90*

THRO CUT position INH

D/R COMBI D/R switch: INH

Tony

Staff member
I edited the post above with soem better settings. And yes, when you are in your dual rate screen, you will put the switch in position 0 and setup the low rates, then you will flip the ail, ele, and rud switches to position 1 and setup your high rates. Take a look at the new settings and give it a go.

bangwings

Hey Tony, those settings are dead on, it flies like a totally different copter, makes E-Flite tx looks like something out of a cracker jack box, the versatility of the DX6i is unsurpassed. If you put that on your setup videos, there would be thousands using your knowledge and advice. Hobby shops are really pushing the DX6i and the Blade 120SR as a introduction into 6 channel flying, but there is no info out there about not even taking the factory tx out of the box and setting up the DX , i tell them about your site and they say without your in depth videos like the full ccpm setup that they would'nt no where to turn. So, much thanks from all of us newbies! P.S. I have a Blade SR coming in and i will be asking you the same question on what numbers i need to program in, i still cant believe the difference in flight! Much Thanks!

Tony

Staff member
It's my pleasure. I may have to get some of these just to do videos on like you were saying. I know they would be great to take out to the field and just toss around the sky once in a while. Now I just need to come up with some cash lol. By all means send all of the people you know over here and we will help everyone. I assure you if I don't know the answer, I will find the answer just like I did here. Hope to see some video of you flying here soon!

bangwings

Hello all, I'm back, the Newbie seeking numbers, on my last model post Tony gave me the perfect numbers and told me step by step when to flip my switches during set up of the 120SR, It flies great. Now i have a 2 new models the Blade 450 3D and the Blade SR-collective pitch, i went to Horizons site and they do not support any numbers for the SR, i was told there are alot of pilots flying this bird with the DXi6 and for me to check on a blog or forum to get the info for theSR,
thats one of the ones i'm trying to get the inputs for. Now the Blade 450 3D came with numbers for the DX6i but the previous owner made his own inputs and scratched through the recommened settings making them impossible to decipher. So i would first like to get the step by step procedure for the Blade 450 3D first and then if any other pilots or techs out there have some pretty docile numbers for the SR step by step set-up both would be greatly appreciated by me and many other of my flying buddies, I have both models now and have that itch to get them going on the DX6i transmitter, starting with the BLADE 450 3D Basic. Thanks to all and look forward to the great help this site offers!

Tony

Staff member
Click on the link below for the Blade 450 3D stock setup. This should get you going.

View attachment Blade450DX6isheet.pdf

For the SR, try this...

D/R Expo:
Aile 0 - 70% + 30% expo Aile 1 - 100% + 40% expo
Elev 0 - 70% + 30% expo Elev 1 - 100% + 40% expo
Rudd 0 - 80% + 30% expo Rudd 1 - 100% + 40% expo

Travel Adj - all set to 100%

Sub Trim - All set to 0

Throttle Curve:
Norm Pos -
L - 0%
2 - 45%
3 - 60%
4 - 75%
H - 100%

Stunt Pos -
L - 100%
2 - 88.5%
3 - 75%
4 - 88.5%
H - 100%

Pitch Curve:
Norm -
L - 42%
2 - 46%
3 - 50%
4 - 75%
H - 100%

Stunt -
L - 0%
2 - 25%
3 - 50%
4 - 75%
H - 100%

Swash Mix :
Aile +60%
Elev +60%
Pitch -35%

Under the Setup List:

1) In the reverse menu Reverse the Rudd and Pitch settings
2) Under Swash Type - Select CCPM 120

Let me know if they help.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you need the link settings and everything? Just read you wanted a step by step guide. Wish I could provide it, but I don't have either of those helicopters.

bangwings

No link settings needed at this time, i will input the information listed in the morning and see how they do. when you say Aile 1 etc. is that meaning the switch needs to be in pos 1 setting on dual rates when making these inputs? Yes, I'm New, to this radio anyway. Thanks for your patience.

Tony

Staff member
That is exactly right. Put the switch in position 0 and set the DR/Expo then do the same for position 1. Position 0 should give you a nice tame flight whereas position 1 will give the sticks a more aggressive feel.

bangwings

Okay, i set up the 450 as described in the PDF setup, when collective increases, swash moves down? On the SR after Sub Trim menu there is Gyro menu, no input info for this setting listed , so i really don't know if the SR is going to function properly, Horizon is no help neither is Spektrum. Thats why i needed step by step through each menu even if there is no input change needed. very late and tired, tomorrow's another day.

bangwings

Okay, i set up the 450 as described in the PDF setup, when collective increases, swash moves down? On the SR after Sub Trim menu there is Gyro menu, no input info for this setting listed , so i really don't know if the SR is going to function properly, Horizon is no help neither is Spektrum. Thats why i needed step by step through each menu even if there is no input change needed. very late and tired, tomorrow's another day.

Tony

Staff member
Some heli's actually drop the swash to give positive pitch. I'm not sure about this one thought. If you need to reverse the swash movement, go into your Swash menu and go from +60 to -60, this will reverse it.

As for the SR in your email, unfortunately I don't actually own one and I have had a hard time finding info on it via google. Hopefully someone on here has more into on the subject

bangwings

You are correct, the swash lowers to increase pitch on this one, but when i spool it up, i'm full back on cyclic to keep it front nosing over, another words if i leave it in the center and just start a good spool , it tips forward on it's skids and almost causes blade strike if i don't cut power and pull back. Yeah, as for the SR i cannot find anything, i saw one video off Horizons site with a guy and a DX8 and he was flying it fine, don't know his thread or nothing, but he says people are using their DX6i to fly these SR models. I'll keep searching, it's out there somewhere, i thank you for all your input and time.

Tony

Staff member
Make sure your swash is level, your servo arms are 90º to the links. Once that swash is level and you are getting proper pitch, it should be able to spool up and hover for the first time. You should live closer to me lol.

Top Bottom