Newbie Here

Doyle Daniels

I am a newbie as far as the flying and use of RC controlled multirotor copters and such. I have a fair knowledge of computers and though I haven't used the knowledge to any extent, I have certified at college level for C++ and Java programming. I am currently in need of learning all about my new Turnigy 9XR Pro with my new OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 transmitter module.

Smoggie

Welcome to the forum and to the hobby. I'm not sure how many here use the 9XR but with any radio the best way to learn is get it installed in a model and go from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the forum and to the hobby. I'm not sure how many here use the 9XR but with any radio the best way to learn is get it installed in a model and go from there.

Doyle Daniels

The trouble I'm having is that the 9XR has to be set up with whatever model you are wanting to use. It is supposedly able to be used for many different models. But there are no good instructions or tutorials anywhere I've looked. I'm probably looking in the wrong places, But I don't know where else to look.

Diver9543

Welcome to the forum, Doyle. I have zero knowledge on the 9XR, however, I am sure someone else that knows will chime in later.

Jerry

Doyle Daniels

Thanks, Keith. I have already viewed so many of those on YouTube. The problem, there, is that they are focused on the one model they are working with and do not expound on any other subject. What I really need is something that shows all menus and explains what all the functions in that menu do or don't do. Also, since I would like to be able to bind this transmitter with all of my current copters, as well as the one I will be building; I have been looking for YouTube vids to do that, without success.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Jerry. I hope so. It would be extremely nice if I could find a 9XR 'expert' on here.

Smoggie

What current copters? 2.4GHz protocols are generally brand specific, you can't bind 'anything to anything'.

Doyle Daniels

I've got a Syma X12, a Hubsan X4, and a Syma X5SC. I was under the impression, that a DM2 module in the 9XR would be able to bind with them and I could save them as different models.

Smoggie

I'm afraid not. They all use proprietary 2.4GHz protocols DSM2 or DSMX wont work with them.

Doyle Daniels

Okay, thanks for the info. Still need to find someone or some place to learn how to set up and operate this transmitter, though; for when I get my copter built which should have an fc that will bind.

Smoggie

Happy to help. Tx programming can be a bit daunting at first and the 9X user interface isnt the most intuitive from what I've heard, but once you get into it I'm sure it will all click into place.

Top Bottom