Newbie from Wisconsin

Adam

Here you go Tony. For all your help i finally decided to make a video of E Razor 450 Hover practices. It is nothing special to see but i am still learning enjoy and get some popcorn and a pillow bahahahaha

[video=youtube_share;SVRQ9Wq_g1k]http://youtu.be/SVRQ9Wq_g1k[/video]

Tony

Staff member
I will be sure to watch this when I get home. An 8 minute video will kill my phone internet on this computer. but I will let you know what I think later tonight.

Adam

Ok now everyone has to realize this is my first attempt after rebuilding the E Razor with new tx rx servos and went through the head and setup to tony's videos. I charged batteries up and practiced with two more batteries so better videos coming soon. If it wasn't for this forum I think I would have quit lol. One thing I noticed is the heli had alot more power with the gens ace battery than the dynam.

Tony

Staff member
If that dynam had a bad cell that wouldn't charge with the old charger, then you are running almost 3.7 more volts to the motor lol. So yeah, it would have much more power. Even though, I think the stock battery was a 20c and gets quite hot durning normal hovering. this means it's pushing the limits of the battery. The Gens Ace should have a higher C rating, as well as a burst rating. And they are just built better lol.

Adam

Ya I think a few more just like it are on my wish list lol. I think i will wait until i get some air under my blades and then i build one from ground up.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, I forgot to say, don't worry about being boring or only hovering around. We all started out at that point. by posting videos of just hovering, we can give you pointers on what to do next time. It's just a part of learning.

and when you start getting into FF, that is when I suggest getting a better helicopter. Hovering you shouldn't be crashing much. But once you get into FF, you will be. and the Razor's feathering shaft is very weak. I have landed a little too hard (didn't break the landing gear, and didn't tip over), and I bend the feathering shaft. It's not hardened steel, I know that lol.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, I gave in and watched the video. It may cost me another $10 for an extra gig of data, but I had to watch it lmao.

First, You are doing a great job of keeping that tail towards you. It seems like you can add a little more gain to the gyro. seems to want to drift on you. both ways.

My highest suggestion is to do what I show in my videos. Put a duct tape box on the ground just bigger than the training gear. It may not seem like it, but it will help keep the heli in the same spot by giving you a visual of where you need to be.

Now for the question. What is your expo set to? And what is your dual rate set to? What is your gyro gain set to? Let me know :biggrin1:

Adam

Ok dr expo is 80 30. Now as for the gyro i have gy48v both gain and limit are in center setting. I have a MG90 servo on the tail long story dont ask. My gain on dx6i is 65.5 it is wisconsin so i set the heli outside to acclimate it as you called it and if i went higher it had alot of wag at 70. And in the video basically for it to slide left i didnt have to input much but to go right a little more. my second run of two batteries i got it lighter on its feet where the training gear were'nt touching the ground. Hovering higher just brought in experience so i am baby stepping on this end.

Adam

As in your phone i have sprint unlimited everything so i would look into a better service plan (just sayin bahahahaha)

Adam

Oh Ya and my throttle trim is all the way down other wise the motor starts up when battery is plugged in just like the original tx is this normal?

Tony

Staff member
I have checked everyone and no one has unlimited for new members. Sucks.

Set your DR to about 70. That will help keep you from over stickin the heli. I agree to leave the gain in the radio where it is. That is exactly where I had mine when I had that gyro. However, one of the pots on the gyro is not gain. It should be delay, and travel. But the mg90s with it's lack of perfect centering could be the cause of the drift.

Just keep doing what you are doing. You look better than me when I started out lmao.

Tony

Staff member
okay, with teh throttle, do this. Turn on your Tx and put the throttle all the way up. Plug in the heli. You will hear two beeps (there may be two slow, then two fast). When you hear the two fast beeps, lower the throttle stick all the way down. This will reset the throttle in the ESC. You can do this with teh trim anywhere btw, but they say to keep it all the way down. Mine has always stayed centered lol.

Tony

Staff member
The first number is your dual rate. the second number will have a + or - in front of it, adn is your expo. Your expo should always be in the +. In your case, set it at 70 +30.

Adam

Ok im not hearing the two beeps and im thinking i did something wrong when i Binded the tx with the rx would that make a little sense. caus i have to throttle hold and normal for motor to work yes with a dx6i. I binded wrong back to table lol.

Tony

Staff member
resetting the ESC shouldn't do anyting with the bind of the Rx/Tx. Make sure there is NOT a bind plug in the Rx. Heli unplugged. Turn on the Tx, raise the left stick to full throttle. Then plug in the heli and wait for the first two beeps. Forget about the second ones. Once you hear the first two, lower the left throttle stick all the way down. Then the ESC should initialize like normal.

Adam

Ok i finally got it so there is no throttle trim. I will post another video tomorrow weather permitting i have to take the feathering shaft out again and check it cause there is blade off tracking and i can wiggle the blades about the same as offtrack so feathering shaft one down. no problems i have plenty back up lol.

murankar

Staff member
One thing I found was that I had throttle hold on when I tried and nothing happened. Then I thought wth and switched it off, voila it calibrated. Make sure your throttle hold is off.

Top Bottom