Newbie from Wisconsin

Adam

I still use banana 4.0 plugs, are deans connectors better or will banana plugs work just the same cause my charger and batteries including helicopter are all banana plugs so that would be soldering 101 with a chance to screw up alot

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure you will be fine with the banana plugs. I don't like them because they are known for cold solder joints and come apart. Then you have to resolder them lol. I like Deans because I solder them, and I know the connection is good. And there is a little more metal there as well. More metal means it will handle more current. I used a single Deans on a 600 heli running two 3000mah 6s batteries wired in parallel and they never got warm. I can't remember what the max amp rating is of them, but it's higher than the banana plugs. Hope this helps.

For a 450, you will be fine though. It's easier for the new guy to just buy a battery and not have to cut and re solder ends.

murankar

Staff member
yes agreed, I was really nervous while doing it. I have little solder experience and I managed to do just ok. If I had a slightly more powerful solder iron i would have been better off.

murankar

Staff member
I have a hobbico 30w pencil. It does the job and got this new bird done. I probably would have been better off buying the right pig tail, but the tips were cheaper for a pair.

Adam

Well I got the charger in today and decided to charge one of my coaxial heli 3.7 batteries first and then charge the big boys lol. hopefully this weekend i will get more hover practice

Adam

Hover practice went well alot better with new transmitter. I didnt fly it but i moved it around a concrete slab. It want to go left alot should i trim that out or is there anything else i can do i had a little blade offtracking but fixed that. Help from Wisconsin

Tony

Staff member
They will all take off to the left when on the ground and when just starting to lift off the ground. This is normal with any clockwise rotating main rotor with a tail rotor forcing air out of the right side.

Top Bottom