Newbie from Wisconsin

Adam

Hi everyone,
I am a beginner at 6 ch rc helicopter. I have an erazor 450 carbon edition with the gy48 gyro. I have had nothing but problems with the original tx so i ordered an DX6I with AR6200 rx and thanks to your videos tony i think i will fly this bird. I successfully got it off the ground with the original rx but it was so unstable that i threw that tx in the garbage. I see you used all original servos in yours tony. For normal flight and learning i see no problem with them and with time and experience upgrade later sounds like a better idea than right out of the box.

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

If you have the money, order some mg90s servos, they are better than the stock ones. But the stock ones will work, they are just not that fast and don't center well.

Adam

Hey Tony ya i ordered the mg90 but not the the mg90s. on hovering and learning i have broke one stock 9g and one mg90. for training purposes i use stock cyclic servos and mg90 on the tail servo. when i get better i will check those out. I ordered backup stock servos just in case.

Adam

What do you think of practicing hovering in 30 degree weather with snow on the ground lol.

Tony

Staff member
It can be done an as long as you acclimate the gyro, you should be fine. However you will be shaking more because of the cold lol.

Adam

What do you acclimate? if you mean setup my dx6i with ar6200, and blade 400 landing gear for better landings come in tomorrow

Tony

Staff member
By acclimate, I mean take the heli out side and let the gyro adjust to the temp outside. If you take it from a 70* house and just tossin in the air when it's 30* outside, the gyro will drift like crazy and not hold.

Adam

Thank you for your advice and love the setup videos. very knowledgeable and easy to understand keep up the good work

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Adam, I'm trying to keep them up lol. Life just gets in the way sometimes lol.

murankar

Staff member
Also if it is fluffy snow it will kind of help save against damage. Just don't get snow on the electronics.

Adam

well my dx6i and ar6210 just got in so i am busy rebuilding and setting up the e razor crossing my fingers that this will solve some of my problems lol. i do practice on the simulator so dont think i dont i am very good on sim not so good with original tx and rx with the e razor

Tony

Staff member
If you are like me bro, you can be a 3d master on the sim, but lockup when you get outside. I will have a video up here shortly that will help you on the dual rates and expo. I'm sure you have seen the other videos as well. Anything you need, just let us know.

Adam

So update. I got all tx and rx hooked up and head setup great. All tx setting plugged in. Charged the battery overnight and ever since the second charge the red light on the original charger from dynam stays on. don't know much about lipos but i tested the battery and it was at 11.1v. the heli operated perfect scooting it around and i didnt scoot very long tryed to lift it up and throttle decelarated and well any advise. i am shopping for batteries and charger any cheap but reliable ideas.

Tony

Staff member
First things first, what is your pitch curve set at and what is the pitch of your blades at full stick? Also, a 3s lipo will charge up to 12.6vDC when it's fully charged. 11.1vDC is only 3.7vDC per cell. 3.8vDC per cell is storage and anything below that, it needs to be charged. Hope this helps.

Adam

hey jay. and your right so far out of all videos and forums i have gained the most knowledge from tony. And so far it has all been good. Tony to answer your questions my pitch curve is 45, 47.5,50,75,100 throttle curve is linear. Pitch at full stick +11 low -11. Anywho i plugged the battery back in this morning to check things out and i tested the battery after work and it read 5.5 volts so i am gonna have the battery tested to see if i received a dudd and buy a spare battery and a new charger. thoughts on cheap but reliable without having to sotter bananna plugs.

Tony

Staff member
If you don't have one, I would suggest a good balance charger. It will pay for it's self in not only the time it will save you in charging, but also the money in keeping the batteries where they should be. $40-$50 should get you a good one.

Adam

So I have a thunder ac6 smart balance charger/discharger coming next week, along with a gens ace 2200mah 3S1P 11.1V 25C hopefully will work with the e-razor. A battery is a battery right.

Tony

Staff member
A battery is a battery, but not all batteries are created equal lol. However, that battery can withstand an amp draw of 55 amps (mahxC/1000=A) and should be fine for that helicopter. The Razors come with a 40a ESC, and even though I don't know what the motor pulls, I'm sure it's not 40+ amps. You should be good with the battery. And that charger you will really like.

murankar

Staff member
If you saw Tony's video on how to pair the battery, esc and motor he gives the math to figure out your amps. Following that formula my 300W Exceed Helium should not pull more than 30 amps with a 3 cell lipo. I have the same batteries you bought with the Thunder AC6 charger. The only mod I did was change the connectors to deans ultra plugs. I was kind of nervous doing the batteries but got them done almost flawless. I may need to redo my first battery due to not knowing how the soldering was going to go. My second and third battery went smooth during the process. When I did the pigtail for the charger I had even bigger issues with the insulation and the heat needed to affix the connector but once the shrink tube was put in place it was not much of an issue.

Top Bottom