General Newbie from Devon in the UK

andychad50

Hi

Hello to everyone on this forum.
I have found the youtube videos very helpful in trying to setup up my Walkera HM60 which I picked up from ebay here in the uk.
I purchased a DX6I and a AR6200 receiver and changed the servos for MG90S.
I have zero pitch at mid stick an + and - 7 pitch at no throttle and max throttle - but still cannot get this bird to get off the ground. As I am very new to this hobby it is probably something stupid I am doing wrong.
I have set up my DX6I from the youtube video except I have left the pitch curve linear.
Does anyone know what I may have done wrong please?

:dejection:

andychad50

Hi
Yes have set to 0 25 50 75 100 but still loads of rpm but no lift.

- - - Updated - - -

I did originally set my throttle curve to Tony's youtube vid but have now set linear but no lift

Lee

He says its linear so should be right. Sometimes it's something really simple. Have you got positive pitch at high stick? And not accidentally got it the other way around. Show us some pics or better still a video.

stokke

When you're measuring for pitch, do you have Throttle Hold enabled?
If so, try disconnecting the motor (or set your throttle curve in Normal/IdleUp to 0-0-0-0-0) - then check your pitch while in Normal/IU and Throttle Hold disabled.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah - and welcome to the forum :D

Tony

Staff member
I would think you would want about 10º of pitch positive and negative. To raise this, just go into your swash mix and adjust the pitch settings from 60 to say, 70 or so. If you are -60 right now, then you will go to -70. Get 10º of pitch, make sure your pitch curve is either linear or like mine (which I suggest starting out) of 45 47.5 50 75 100. This will still give you full pitch at full stick, but it will limit you to about 2º of pitch at low stick.

Your throttle curve for normal should be linear as well.

if all of this is correct, take the blades off of your heli and spool it up. Make sure you see the swash moving. I'm not sure if that swash should move up or down, but Lee is correct, make sure when going positive pitch, the trailing edge of the blades should be going down. Hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

And for future reference, please post questions in the appropriate section. I have moved this thread into the beginner help section. Please feel free to make another post in the New Member Introduction area and let us know about yourself.

But for now...

:welcome1:

Top Bottom