Quad New ZMR 250 Racing Quad Build

Derek

I've ordered a new ZMR 250 racing quad. It has arrived and the parts and pieces look to be in good condition and all accounted for. I'd like to do something with this build that I've not really been concerned about before. I'd like to have the wiring to be a bit cleaner. So, that got me thinking that I'd like to have a Power Distribution Board. I was thinking about getting a simple one, like this:

DAL RC Multirotor Power Distribution Board

But then I saw that BuddyRC has this PDB:

ZMR 250 Power Distribution Board with BEC Modules

This would surely help clean things up quite a bit.

What do you guys think about PDB's?

Tony

Staff member
I have a quad with a full PDB and it's clean. And you know how I am abotu wiring. It has to be very neat and clean. If it were me and I had the funds, I would go for the full board. just remember, that board is not going to be as strong as the stock board it's going to replace. So get two just in case.

Derek

Thanks for that, Tony! I didn't consider that the full PDB board plate would be weaker than the stock CF plate. Choices choices, lol

Tony

Staff member
When I say weaker, I mean fiberglass to carbon fiber. I would still go with the full board over the small one. I didn't even know those existed. It would keep the main power wires from having to leave the arms of the quad. And from the looks of it, you wire everything on the board. So very short servo extensions.

Derek

Yeah, with all the wire leads being soldered directly to the ZMR PDB, all leads would be really short. That would, then, translate into less mess and less weight.

Sounds to me like I just need to go ahead and order that ZMR PDB board, lol. I've seen it listed for various prices, but I think BuddyRC has it for the best price.

Smoggie

Those racing quads look like a real adrenalin trip. I look forward to hearing how you get along with it, I might give one a try one of these days.

Tasajara

Nice ... I just Picked one up pretty cheap in the Classifieds on another forum Had a Naze Rev. 5 and the PDB with all frame parts for $40 shipped... Like I need another Quad LOL. I just like to build as much as fly so why not...
One thing you can say is if I crash one I have a backup to run my batteries down always.

trainrider06

Wouldn't mind trying one of those racers myself! If Derek don't quit putting this cool stuff up here I am gonna go broke! That build on the plane, the high speed delta wing thingy I already want dang it! :)

Tony

Staff member
Maybe Derek and I should do what we did with the Bipe and put it in the store as a PDF plan lmao.

Derek

Those racing quads look like a real adrenalin trip. I look forward to hearing how you get along with it, I might give one a try one of these days.

Yeah, Smoggie....the FPV quads are a riot! They are great....even if you just want to fly slow around a property and just look around...enjoying the right......or, if you wanna go with full throttle passes, only 3 feet off the ground and then tear into a insanely fast punch out to a backflip and then stall....it's just awesome!!!

Nice ... I just Picked one up pretty cheap in the Classifieds on another forum Had a Naze Rev. 5 and the PDB with all frame parts for $40 shipped... Like I need another Quad LOL. I just like to build as much as fly so why not...
One thing you can say is if I crash one I have a backup to run my batteries down always.

That's a really sweet deal, Craig! Too cool!

Wouldn't mind trying one of those racers myself! If Derek don't quit putting this cool stuff up here I am gonna go broke! That build on the plane, the high speed delta wing thingy I already want dang it! :)

Rodney...if you do some searching, there are some inexpensive (sort of, lol) ARF quads that can be bought and they work well. Lots of fun! As for all this cool stuff that I'm posting....if you are afraid of going broke....stay away from me, lmao. I've had to work some MASSIVE overtime to cover the costs for some of these projects. Actually, the high speed delta wing thingy (scratch built Weston UK Velocity 50), I probably only have about $250 in it.

Maybe Derek and I should do what we did with the Bipe and put it in the store as a PDF plan lmao.

A PDF plan for the Velocity 50 build??? Oh my!

Derek

ooooooh, I sure do like it when the post office brings more than just the darn bills, lol

New packs.jpg

New packs.jpg

Top Bottom