600 New Trex 550EDFC

Karubah

Well I Have gone and done it now, just ordered Align T Rex 550E DFC combo. I hope I have done the right thing as ( The Minister for War and Finance ) in the domestic government could get a little upset when she finds out. Oh! Well! a mans got to have a hobby or two. I Know I"ll be asking a few Qs on this forum as it will be my first heli build. Cheers, Andy

Tony

Staff member
It's a good heli, no doubt there. Pretty much a 600 that is made to fly on a 6s pack. the true 600's are pretty much made to fly on 8s+. But the 550 will be great. Take your time on the build, do it right the first time, and ask questions whenever you have them. We are here to help no matter what the issue.

Lee

Nice dude,
You're gonna love that heli for sure. Worth the headache you will recieve from the powers that be for a short time :D

Ken Jackson

That will be my next Heli. I fly the 550 on my sim most of the time. Probably won't go any bigger, want to stay with single 6s battery. Unless I win the lottery in which case Ill jump right into the 600 and 700 DFC PRO models. Might as well get a nitro burner or two and why not a Goblin and ... Oh wake up I got lost there for a minute.

Won't buy anything smaller then a 500. Excluding my recent MCPx BL. I can't believe the power and agility it has. Biggest problem so far is its hard to see. Putting some yellow blades on it.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I don't know but I run my 600 on one 6s battery. That is what was recommended when I bought it! It all depends on what esc your running. Nice buy though you will love the 550!

murankar

Staff member
Bet to beg for forgiveness than permission. This makes 2 550s on here, I think. The other 550 needs to go see some air time before the bearings clog up with dust. :lol:

Tony

Staff member
Sam, the reason they say 8s+ on the 600's is because of the amount of amps they pull. When you lower the voltage, given the wattage stays the same, the amps will go up. From a 12s to a 6s, the amps will double. This is very hard on electronics, a lot harder than more voltage. Thus the 550 was born. I'm not completely sold on the idea seeing as the 550 is running a 600 frame, 600 motor and 600 tail gears, but I guess the bit of weight it shaves off as well as spinning smaller main blades makes up for the lack of power.

But on my 600, I did ONE pitch pump with it, and never did it again lmao. That sucker had some snap. Wonder what the nitro is going to have...

heli-maniac

Bet to beg for forgiveness than permission. This makes 2 550s on here, I think. The other 550 needs to go see some air time before the bearings clog up with dust. :lol:
ill put mine in the air when you buy me the talon 90 and a ikon or ar7200bx
and this thread needs to be moved to the 600 threads its more a 600 than a 500

Last edited:
Top Bottom