New to rc

Karubah

Good to find an informative site for those who are new at this sport. I hope to get many hrs of enjoyment trying to learn how to fly helis.

Karubah

Thanks for the welcome. Just a bit more info about myself. I live in a very isolated area, the nearest large city is over 500kms away so everything I need to learn is by going online to forums such as this. Looking forward to flying RC heli,s as I can't, afford a real one. Cheers

Westy

LEGEND
Good on you! ... welcome to the Heli/Plane/Truck/Car/Boat ... and pretty much anything else that will move by RC camp. :)

Hope you enjoy your time here and I am sure you will get plenty of help..... if you do not have a simulator ..... I suggest you get one as it will teach you lots!

heyya karubah, welcome. i love my heli's but i think they have spent more time broken than flying. as Westy suggested, get a simulator for practicing, the little copter on the screen is WAY easier (and cheaper) to fix :))

rc desk pilot is free and easy to find for downloading.

John

Karubah

Thanks for the advice. I have ordered pheonix v4 sim and I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival. I intend to spend a fair amount of time on the sim before trying to fly for real. Don't really want to be spending $ on major repairs. Cheers

Tony

Staff member
That sim will do you great now and in the future. There is a thread in the Paid Simulator section under Phoenix where we all post up when we go online so that we can all fly together.

Karubah

I'm not sure about going online to fly with others. I have very limited Internet usage as wireless costs a lot of $ out here. Not sure how many MB s it will use up but will give it a go after I've had a bit of practice, don't want to disgrace myself completely. Cheers

Derek

Thanks for the advice. I have ordered pheonix v4 sim and I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival. I intend to spend a fair amount of time on the sim before trying to fly for real. Don't really want to be spending $ on major repairs. Cheers

That's awesome that you ordered the sim!!! When you get it, Westy and stokke have great tutorials on how to set it up. When you do get it all set up, let me know. I'll fly with ya online.....well, when I'm not working overtime, of course, lol

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure about going online to fly with others. I have very limited Internet usage as wireless costs a lot of $ out here. Not sure how many MB s it will use up but will give it a go after I've had a bit of practice, don't want to disgrace myself completely. Cheers

Nah...no worries! There is no such thing as "online disgrace". We all crash and then we just say "Ooops!", then another heli/plane appears and your are back in the sky.

Top Bottom