New to RC-Help and the hobby.

Helinut

GREAT vids I plan on following the Flight Training vids to the T. Forgive me if I post in the wrong area. This is all new to me I do have a question regarding my sim and do not know where to ask. I finally stumbled here so here I go.

I don't know if I just noticed this or if it has always done it. But on my Phoenix sim my heli drifts hard to the left when I take off. If i adjust the trim it drifts hard the other direction is this normal? It is driving me crazy now!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Helis even full sized one naturally drift to the left on take off. You need to be ready for it and compensate with the stick.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, the sim is recreating the natural drift of a ccpm heli. Because the heli tail blades are countering the main blades torque, it must be countered as well. Remember, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. So the tail countering the main, then the main leaning to the left to counter the air being blown out of the tail.

Hope that makes sense.

Helinut

Thanks!
I guess I never noticed it B-4. I figured that would have been more of a twisting motion than a drifting one.

Last edited:

cynical209

Wish to say WAZZZUP to Tony and his great help to us for all the AWESOME advice. I belong to the DELTA VALLEY MODELERS- A.M.A. #193

Tony

Staff member
Thanks!
I guess I never noticed it B-4. I figured that would have been more of a twisting motion than a drifting one.

It would be if there was not the torque of the main blades. When you get a helicopter in the air, you will notice a slight lean to the right. This lean is countering the tail blades air trying to push the heli to the left. But, it all makes sense once you get one in the air and you can see the forces in action.

Top Bottom