New to rc Helis. Just built my align Trex 500

Lee

Dude, you got skills flying that heli next to houses, trees, and telegraph poles. Well done :)

Tony

Staff member
You just flat out get what it takes to fly these things. Maybe some day some of your skills with a heli will rub off on me lmao. I really need to get another one in the worst way. Great flying!

Charles38fla

thanks lee, tony,

Now that is how I like to fly lol. Tony as you said when your in the air the world for that 5 or 8 minutes just seems to fade away and all that is in the moment if that heli or plane and nothing beats that!! Lee I do a lot of that type of flying in the sim I use.I am slowly getting into 3d as well on the sim. I can do pretty decent funnels, hurricanes tictocs both side tictoc and nose up and tail up. I'm doing some piropflips in the sim but can only manage to do two or three complete piroflips then it gets really hairy after that lol

Last edited:

Charles38fla

tony,

I'm using phenox sim from horizon hobby. I prefer it over realflight and a few others. Very realistic movements of the cyclic inputs and I find it help you more on control and precise manevers.I use the dx8 with that sim so I am very comfortible with the whole setup. The dx8 is just a very nice radio.

Tony

Staff member
Damn, I use RF6. The physics I feel are a lot better, as well as the graphics. But, the way I see it, Phoenix and RealFlight are pretty much very close. Was just hoping you had RF6 and were able to get online with me at some time.

Lee

I might be wrong but i thought the upgrade was free?? Or very cheap anyway :D

Tony

Staff member
I think you are covered on the upgrade Lee when you are within the same level. But going from 5 to 6 I think requires money. We can try it out though to see if RF5 or RF5.5 can get online with RF6. It's worth a shot. Just have to get on the computer at the same time.

Lee

I just remember listening to RC Heli Nation Podcast and Dan saying he had an old Ver4 copy of RF and he upgraded it for free or close to. Maybe my nearly 40 year old mind is playing tricks on me. :D

Tony

Staff member
You could be right. I have not had to upgrade to another major version in the time I have had this one. I will have to look into this.

murankar

Staff member
I have to say you are well on your way to being a great pilot. I finally was able to watch most of the video, the bandwidth on my side is small so it takes a long time to watch videos. You are making this look easy, I wish I had kind of control. Keep up the great work.

Charles38fla

Thanks murankar,

I do a lot strange exercises to train myself and to build up my control skill set. I have smaller helis that I train with. The blade msr x flybarless is one that I train with all the time. one exercise that I do everyday if I can is. I put a table close to the couch and put a couch pillow really close to the table. I try and hover the heli inbetween the table and couch and I do that untill the battery is dead and start all over again. To me that helps with two things hover and control. The smaller the model the hard the control and cyclic inputs are the greatest and fastest.

Tony

Staff member
I love that Piper and the yellow one you are going to love if you put enough power into it. And love the Tx collection, but the only one that you should be using is the one on the far left lmao.

BTW, I edited your post and put the pics in there. To do this, when you are creating the post, click on the insert picture button, then click on URL. Just paste the URL and reference locally and they will show up like that. Everything looks great bro :thumbsup:

Charles38fla

ok tony thanks. I could not for the life of me get those images to show up lol My tx collection out of all of them. The one to the far left as we all know.. It's one of the best lol. I use it more then I do any of them. The piper is one of my favs!! It flys very nice it's like it's on rails when it flys. Ground handling too is very nice.

Lee

Dude??? How many TX's??? Hows the Devo TX? they look good. I would love to give one a try just for comparisons to the DX8

Charles38fla

Lee,

This devention 12 that I have is very very close to the jr 12 and actualy has a higher signal resolution then the dx 8. Very smooth gimbals comfortable and light weight. It holds up to 64 model and can be upgraded to support 14 channels. One thing though is I do not like the mixing function. Damn confusing lol in all I have 10 txs and 27 models. I'm an RC addict lol

Last edited:

Charles38fla

Hey guys,

Yesturday a friend and I tested rf5.5 with rf6. Everything seemed to work ok but after we got into really testing it out. It froze up and all sorts of screen ghosting was going on. So I went out and purchased real flight 6 :)
If any of you want to get online and try it out lets get some idea's when we can do this.

Thanks guys!

Tony

Staff member
You bet and congrats on the purchase. I will try to get a time and date setup here soon for an hour or so to fly in the sim. I will close the sim with a password that only the members of this site or facebook know, and yes I will give you guys the password lol. I know right now I have been quite busy and it's hard to just sit down and get on a flight sim lol. But I will set up a time for you guys.

Top Bottom