New to rc Helis. Just built my align Trex 500

Charles38fla

Hello all. My name is charles and I am new to the world of rc helis. I just wanted to share my adventure so far with the forum and the owner of the site.

Well, I am disabled and have been since birth. Leg braces and major arthrytis through out my entire body. 5 years ago I was injured due to a faulty leg brace inwhich caused me to fall and break my leg in three places.
During recovery from the injury I wasn't able to do alot of things. I was trying to find something that would take my mind off of what happened, being in pain and just plane old bordom being in a wheel chair for 2 years.

I was on youtube one night and was watching clips of rc planes. I had always wanted to get into the hobby but never had the chance to really get into it. I came across this one video. This guy was explaining how to completely build and rc helicopter. I found it to be very interesting and the guy who was explaining the process step by step really took his time to show anyone how to do it. I decided after seeing that one clip. I wanted to get into the rc heli world.

I bought my first heli witch was a blade mcx and bought more after I mastered that heli. I then once again watched more of the videos that I found from rc-help.com. I purchased everything I had to have to build a trex 500e

I watched a few of rc-helps videos that took you through each step, howto's and what not to do. I guess you can say this site, the owner of the videos has inspired me to do something I never thought I could do because of my disability. I have a few images of the heli and a video I'd like to post here as a thank you to the owner of this site. I thank you for opening my eyes and mind to a whole new world electronics and the hobby of rc. You've truly helped me in more ways then one :)

I am using a dx8 with telementry modules

DSCN0789.jpgDSCN0791.jpgDSCN0788.jpg

The video was shot yesturday. The voices you hear are the nabors asking me all sorts of questions about the cam I was using and the heli. The wind was blowing at a constant 7 mph with 11 mph gust so it was a bit hard to fly but it handled it great.

[video]http://everyday-pchelp.net/downloads/My-Trex-500E.MOV[/video]

DSCN0791.jpg

DSCN0789.jpg

DSCN0788.jpg

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Cant see the video, but it is downloading. My bandwith is very limited so I stopped loading it. Anyhow good luck and welcome to the site.

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Hey Charles, how you doing bro? Man, hearing things like this makes me more happy than anything else in the world. I have a niece with cerebral palsy and I have been wanting to get her into rc cars. Hearing about you getting a 500 sized heli in the air is just awesome. I wish I could see the video, but it says page not found, and I even tried to right click and save to my computer and still nothing. I really want to see this video man. Hope you get the link updated quickly. If there is anything we can do to help out, you just let me know. Great helicopter, and great Tx being flown by a great person. I'm going to have a great day after hearing what you said about me. Thank you!

Morelight

Fearless Freep
He put up another post the same Tony. The video link works in that one, at least for a few of us.

Top Bottom