New to electrics

josephpharis

Well had nitro planes for about 6 years got out of the hobbu had a son getting in and so know im hooked again lol but now its so diffrent cant seem to get help on electric motors we are building a house of balsa 1/12 scale stealth sport and it calls for a 0.49 gas and we are wanting to stay all electric but man we dont know what motor ,battery or esc to buy they are so many and i get so many i dont know what to order from hobby king and they are no help so we need help lol thanks

Derek

Re: New to elcectrics

I feel you pain. I really do. It was only a matter of weeks ago that I was here asking for that same kind of help. Really!

Tony, the site owner, has a very very cool video that has some great explanation on battery, esc, and motor.

Here's the link:
Now...this video will NOT tell you specifically what you need but, by his own example, this video will show you what to be looking for. I suggest starting with this video, as I did, then come back here if/when you need more help. As Tony states in his video, there is some unfortunate "trial and error" but there are also some formulas that will help in choosing some parts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Something around a 380-400 size motor with an 8x4 prop on that plane will work great. Run a 2200mah battery with a 30-40a ESC. It will probably not have unlimited vertical, but it will fly. I'm running a 450 size motor in my Rc-Help Trainer (click on link to download it) and it's working great with a 10x6-12x8 prop.

BOKI

josephpharis; Welcome to the site you will get help here! We have lots of good RC people here! The Best :lol: :twothumbsup:

Top Bottom