New stuff came in from HK.. paid a pretty penny in shipping.. so it was fast!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ordered a soldering station FINALLY. lol Couldnt afford to spend 100 bucks on a soldering station by itself.. and reviews were really good for this one so tried it out... 30-35 bucks with shipping .. NOT BAD AT ALL! :D

soldering station.JPG

Also got a contraption to do pitches with my phone.. I already used my phone for pitch on my helis with the IHandy app.. but i would have to balance it on a flat spot. so .. Now that will be gone.. and phone wont slip YAAY! :D .. lets see how it will really work.. can do 450-700 size helis. I think it can do 250 too.. but u have to put it right next the main blade so the weight of the phone doenst snap your blades LOL! :D

I orderd a tx case and a TX battery too.. I added their pics and details in the transmitter forum :)

pitch gauge.JPG

soldering station.JPG

pitch gauge.JPG

Last edited:

callsign4223

Staff member
That's the same soldering station I use. It works great.

Edit: Scratch that, it looks like a knockoff of the hakko 936 I use. Probably still a good station though.

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yes you are right.. Its a knock off of Hakko.. Hakko is a great brand and that is what costs upwards of 80 90 bucks to get.. and this knockoff has had awesome reviews too .. esp in the RC community.. so I said.. WHY NOT! :D

Lee

Did you see the new DX6I knock off they are doing now? Bright orange!!! You'll never lose it in the grass Gaba???? :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
lol.... Loosing a TX in grass.. Now thats messed up! :p :p :D hahahahahha That wouldnt happen to me...........lol

or will it.. haahah

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I have a Hakko 936 as well and LOVE it. I will NEVER buy a knockoff soldering iron, you are just asking for a fire. Maybe worth it to some, but not to me. Hope everything works out good for you gaba.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Used it.. Yes it's not hakko! But it rocks. Temp was spot on.. Soldered my 130x wires.. And instant melting on the inmediate area without any shield melt.. It was fun! ;) no fires yet ;D

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Tony

Staff member
With you being an electrical engeneer, you should be able to see and/or sense when something is going wrong and can fix it. But still pisses me off that we can't bomb China for creating an exact replica of something that is taking jobs and money away from America.

Top Bottom