450 New Storm overhead

Lee

To balance the blades, get a screw to put through the holes. With a nut either side, tighten then together so part of the screw is sticking out of both ends. Then you can balance it between to glasses and add tape to the lighter blade. No need to buy a scale.

stokke

If trying different blades does not solve the problem, the blades aren't at fault.

I would guess it's your tracking links.
They may not be the same length.

P1000126.JPG

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Tracking will not cause that wobble he has. But It is important. The Flybarred heli has three linkages to worry about. Make sure all three are leveled and equal on both sides.

Blade balancing is needed every time on every blade you get even if its a 120 dollar blade. Its a good idea to check CG and the Weight and balance both.

stokke

Tracking will not cause that wobble he has. But It is important. The Flybarred heli has three linkages to worry about. Make sure all three are leveled and equal on both sides.

Blade balancing is needed every time on every blade you get even if its a 120 dollar blade. Its a good idea to check CG and the Weight and balance both.

Oops. Forgot about the Flybarless/Flybar difference.

sterlingh

Balancer.jpgOk happy you were wrong Marius on the other blades means its not the blades.:nightmare: I went to LHS and bought a balancer. Now to read it and figure it out. Helpful clerk at LHS said that most blades need balancing. I guess I never thought about it. When I got my e razor, that has never been 10 feet of the ground but was riddled with problems, except the blades did not cause any shaking. I really thought by putting them on the storm should have stopped the shaking. Now I only can hope that this balance will work. Thanks for the help people.

Balancer.jpg

Last edited:

sterlingh

I have not even put the blades back on. After seeing whats in the 3 pics I posted with this thread I can see balance is not my problem.. My new sport blades are good as well. I need to clean the office up and stop this for a bit..

Bubble centered1.jpgBubble far1.jpgBubble slightly off1.jpg

Bubble centered1.jpg

Bubble far1.jpg

Bubble slightly off1.jpg

stokke

Yeah, I figured as much.
Seems strange that you'd have wobble on all three pairs of blades.

I'm still going with link lengths :)
You could also check that your flybar is perfectly centered.
Measure the length from shaft to end of paddle on each side.

If one of the paddles are longer out than the other, it would cause wobble.

sterlingh

:)Ok Marius. good call but I swear I fixed it before I read the thread here. It still a little wobbley but I only wanted to see if this would fix it and it has. Like I said there is still some shake but 85% gone. I still need to line it up more for my mixing arm, set pitch etc.. but I am sooooooo happy I got it. Might be my actual 1st fix from all this crap going on. I could not be happier with this hobby than I am right now...:tickled_pink:

Gotit1.jpg

Gotit1.jpg

Tony

Staff member
That balancer will measure the CoG of the blade more than the weight of the blade. I have been meaning to make a video on this showing how I can make a blade weight 10g more but show to be lighter on this type of scale. I do not like the teeder todder scales just for this reason. A gram scale from a hardware or jewelry store is the only way to go.

sterlingh

Not until I got home with this umm scale did i think the same thing Tony. Wishing I had a scale. Probably will get one sometime in the future.... Thanks

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
meritline.com has some good scales for cheap. I got mine there. Works perfectly. within 0.001gms error on repetitive measurements.

sterlingh

Man O Man. Quick update. I know you guys that can fly might remember what its like to try and hover. Well I have never had the chance with my 450's and only just started hovering anything , namely my 2 micro helis. MCPx and MSRx. I only have had them a few days now and love em. However I still been messing with my storm 450. Went through all Tony's vids on setup, pitch and all that. Checked my work then once again checked. I spooled it up in the garage only 25% just to see if it would and see if it might could take some more. The training gear is to big to leave on while working on it, so another reason only to take it to 25% throttle.

After spooling it up and it doing very well I decided to put the TG back on. Remember the only other bird I had was the e razor 450 and it would only spool up long enough to break ( usually about 12 seconds). Never got to try anything with it. Very frustrating. So I put the TG on er, and take it back out to garage. Spool it up and have great rudder control. Give it more throttle and went a few feet to the right and then back. Not actually in the garage but outside the garage where we pull our cars in. Still on concrete. So I think I am going to try to Storm around a bit and the dang battery goes dead on me. Yes I have 2 more but have had them in storage state, cause i did not think i was ever going to get to give them a real jolt. So I still cant do anything yet but at lest now it Looks like I have a 450 heli that I can start training with. I got to say, giving it throttle and it responding (at lest for now) like it should and feeling the power is truly awesome. I have never regretted this hobby or the $$'s i have put in it and days like today just confirm that 100 fold. Hal a lu ya. I can still feel my heart beating.

murankar

Staff member
Yes I remember what its like to hover. You should see my bids of me trying. Its scary at first then you get used to it.

Adam

I had to do this so here is my erazor and my beginning. i have all the electronics still but i threw the heli away finally
[video=youtube_share;Wfce_00lmBc]http://youtu.be/Wfce_00lmBc[/video]

Tony

Staff member
It is a great feeling when you finally get something that just works. YOu are yet another person that knows the erazor is pure crap adn anything is better. Keep at it, charge up those batteries and take it slow and you will get it. Just keep practicing with that mSR and you will be in the air in no time.

sterlingh

thanks guys, Adam looks like you had one of the good E-razor's, lol what a good idea you had and executed with the E razor, think its time I do de same.

Adam

Ya i think i got 50 flights out of it and then the main gear stripped and every piece of hardware was stripped cause they were too tight so i opted to build my own which is should have done first lol. I did reset it up and get the dx6i to get these results which i give tony all the credit for that one. but it got me hovering lol. If i had to do it all over again i would have gotten the mcpx which is cheaper than that thing and flys 10 times better with no headaches

sterlingh

I would most def go micro if I had it do over. Still would have bought the Align sport build as well.Wait, you know what?

I hear people all the time saying if I would have known then as I do now I would have "whatever". You know that's true with everything in life and when you think about it its the direction we went that got us to where we are in this hobby.. In that respect maybe I would have done everything exactly as I did.It took and e razor for me to see that I would like this to happen, that is, what I thought the e razor should/could do. It caused me to study more, seek help (like this forum, other forums ummm not so much) get a sim etc.. I would not have been willing in the very beginning to spend $350.00 to build my own at that point. Being ripped off for 179.99 was not my other idea but that's the way it turned out, however that experience caused me to learn enough more to know that maybe I cold spend $350.00 and build my own, fly my sim and see how it all turns out. So then on second thought maybe I would leave all exactly like it was. Make any sense or do I need to go fly my sim? lol

The $350. I quote was for my Align sport v2. That's not the $200.00 I spent on a dx6i...

Last edited:

john2012

Banned
hey guys john here again im the one that bought my 400 class heli from banana hobby and it still does not fly? the motor and esc that came with the heli i think bruned upand i have bought a set from helipartz the detrum gyro servos 3600 motor and a 40A esc but with the 13t gear heli made a grinding noise and so i bought a 10t gear and it doesn't seem to line up on the main gear it does spool up but it won't lift off either oh and i did lose my job but imlooking for another and just checking to see if someone here can help with my heli problem like i said i did start on a 3ch heli coaxle heli and did good with flying it so i went to a 6ch rtf heli but it was not rtf

Top Bottom