Servos New servo & rebind & BX

Tony

Staff member
Nope. all you need to do is go through the setup again to make sure it's all centered and has the proper throws. If this is on the cyclic, I would highly suggest changing out all 3 servos and not just one though.

Bruno

Nope. all you need to do is go through the setup again to make sure it's all centered and has the proper throws. If this is on the cyclic, I would highly suggest changing out all 3 servos and not just one though.

Why is it recommended to change all three cyclic servos when one is bad?

Tony

Staff member
Even if it's the same brand, they are from a different batch. One could have a different wind in the motor causing it to be slightly faster or slower resulting in unwanted movement out of the helicopter that is next to impossible to tune out.

Bruno

Even if it's the same brand, they are from a different batch. One could have a different wind in the motor causing it to be slightly faster or slower resulting in unwanted movement out of the helicopter that is next to impossible to tune out.

Would I be able to tell the difference in speed by using the cycling leveling tool?

Are there ways to test for difference?

Tony

Staff member
I don't know of any way to test. I know about trying to save a buck or two, trust me. Here is what I would do. Stick the servo on the bird and get the servo leveled out at mid stick with the rest of the servos. Then check full pitch both ways and make sure it stays right there with them. If it does, great, run with it. If it doesn't, use the software for the gyro, or your Tx and dial it so it does match. I highly doubt you will see any difference in speed unless you are a smack 3D pilot.

Bruno

I don't know of any way to test. I know about trying to save a buck or two, trust me. Here is what I would do. Stick the servo on the bird and get the servo leveled out at mid stick with the rest of the servos. Then check full pitch both ways and make sure it stays right there with them. If it does, great, run with it. If it doesn't, use the software for the gyro, or your Tx and dial it so it does match. I highly doubt you will see any difference in speed unless you are a smack 3D pilot.

I'll give it a go. Thank you.

Bruno

So....I fpound a second cyclic servo (aileron) fried and broken main gear teeth. Gonna just get a set of the 430s.

Tony

Staff member
Well that sucks, but is actually better in the long run. But now, you will have an extra servo just in case. Actually two lol.

Top Bottom