New RCH Trainer Maiden Flight

Tony

Staff member
Well that's a bummer. Looking at that elevator, you have a LOT of up elevator dialed into that thing. Start out with the elevator level and trim from there. And start out with no flaps. Not sure if you had them deployed or not.

As for the crash, that is why I LOVE this plane. It can take a crash better than a lot of the planes out there. I have crashed mine more than a few times and it's still kicking.

Get that thing back in the air!!!

Oh, and you may need a little nose weight. I'm still trying to figure out how to add more nose weight to this design without extending the nose. I should get it done soon.

Derek

I will double check the elevator but I am pretty sure that I had the elevator level. I may not have. The flaps weren't deployed. I figured I'd mess with them after a few take offs and landings. I'll see about adding a bit of nose weight tonight and I'll try again tomorrow

I also think that I'll hand launch it next time...just to get it in the air. Then we'll work on take offs from the ground.

Thanks for watching, Tony! I sure do like this plane and there is no one that wants to see this plane in the air more than I.

Derek

Yep! You are definitely right! I've just been out in the garage making some adjustments. I didn't realize that the elevator was set that way. The elevator sub trim was 0, but I had up elevator set with the push rod. It wasn't done intentionally. I must have just over looked that.

However, I did adjust the push rod so that the elevator is now "level" and in-line with the horizontal stab.

I also noticed that the crash did loosen the cowl that I made, so I took the hot glue gun to that and fixed that. I'm gonna go make a video that will show you the inside of the plane.

Thanks for catching that elevator issue, Tony!

Tony

Staff member
My pleasure. Now, we just need to edit the video and call the plane the "RCH Trainer" or "Rc-Help Trainer" and not "High Wing Trainer" :biggrin1:

Semantics lmao. Can't wait to see it in the air next time. I'm building one right now to do all of my testing with. Should have some results next weekend if the wing will work with me.

Top Bottom