NEW RCH Trainer completed and ready for maiden flight

Tony

Staff member
Keep your hands on those sticks when you deploy those flaps. I have said it quite a few times on here, you need up elevator, at least mine needs up elevator and with down elevator, that thing is going to turn into a lawn dart. Hope not though.

Plane looks great. Cant' wait for the video fi you get any.

Derek

I'm actually very confused as to whether i need up elevator or down elevator. I think I'm just gonna go turn on my DX8 right now and zero out the elevator mix in the FLAP settings. Then, tomorrow when I'm out flying, I'll hit the flaps and play with the elevator to see what is needed. I've heard it both ways....up elevator and down elevator. I'll just wait and see. Nonetheless....I'll surely keep my hands on the sticks and be ready for anything....I hope!

Since my wife is working tomorrow, I'll see if I can get my Dad to come out and be my camera person for a bit. I"m so glad to have my good camera back. No more videos from my phone!! YAY! My phone takes good videos, but it's better with the video camera and my editing program works with videos from my video camera and not from my phone. Awesome!!!!!!!!

Tony

Staff member
Just be ready. YOu may be correct in your thinking, and there is only one way to find out. And that is to take it out and fly it. Just be ready for it.

DAL2855

Banned
I've always heard up elevator is what is needed when flaps deploy. And in RW flying experience, this tends to be true, when you deploy flaps, you always have to slightly pitch the nose up with elevator input. The nose will start to drop when flaps deploy.

Derek

Actually, DAL2855, the nose of the plane will pitch up when flaps are deployed. Flaps give added lift to the plane. I've seen this happen with my motor glider but didn't realize that my elevator settings were wrong. Tony and I did some testing, early this morning, on the Phoenix Sim and we found out that down elevator will be required when flaps are deployed.

Top Bottom