Quad New quad copter

Lee

They are flashed with SK firmware. Opto means they have no internal BEC, so you will need some other way to power up your RX either a separate battery or external BEC.
The ESCs are ready programmed but you still need to calibrate the throttle travel. The method will depend on your FC board.

WyDiablo

OK guys I need help. Started the F450 build and got the electronics connected. Connectors that come out the front of the naza that connects the esc's. The side that has the exposed brass pins face to the left correct? And oloking at the back side of the naza the connectors that go to the rx the exposed brass connectors also face to the left right? And on my spektrum rx I believe that the brass side of the connectors point to the right as you read the channels upright.
I have the motors connected as follows:
M1 to motor 1
M2 to motor 2
M3 to motor 3
M4 to motor 4
A to Aile
E to Elev
T to Thro
U to Gear channel
But I can't get my esc's to calibrate. Iknow I"m doing something wrong or I have something connected assbackwards. I am an old guy ya know lolol.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You calibrate the esc's the same way has anything eltz. Throttle the tx all the way up, turn it on, then plug in the battery. When the esc's go beep, beep, beep throttle her down all the way before it goes beep again. That's all. Has far has the NAZA it is marked on the case witch way the ground wire goes. I'm not near mine to looks but it's on the case! I'm thinking that the ground is on top. Plug everything in has it should be. Your tx should be programmed has acro not heli. The motor plug side on the NAZA faces towards the front of the machine. That's pretty much all there is to it! Go to the dji websight and download the NAZA m Manuel! Everything you need to know is right there in the Manuel. If you have the GPS module your need to calibrate it before you fly it. Also you'll need to measure where you GPS is mounted in regards to the cg of the machine and enter it in the programing. If the GPS is mounted above the fc you enter a negative #. Such had -10.

WyDiablo

OK let me restate my question a little more clearer. I have my esc's soldered to the bottom plate and the vu also. I have the servo connections connected to the naza. I run power to the rx and plug the esc's into the 8 way splitter and then plug the splitter into the thro on the rx. i move the thro stick all the way up after turning the radio on and no sound from the esc's. The esc's that i have are the rctimer with simonk firmware

Stambo

You will not get sound unless you have motors plugged in. NO PROPS ON. It is the motors that make the sound, not the ESCs.
The 8 way splitter you speak of, I assume this is where you are plugging the servo wires from your ESCs to parallel them together.
If that is the case you are bypassing the NAZA to calibrate the ESCs and plugging the other end of the splitter into the rx throttle channel.
You power up the ESCs with battery to the bottom plate. Power up the rx from your BEC

Throttle all the way up BEFORE TURNING ON THE TX. (Make sure throttle hold is off)
Now you should hear the beeps. Throttle down, more beeps. Disconnect battery, turn off tx.
ESCs should now be calibrated. Turn on tx, plug in battery to quad, supply power to rx and test.
If done correctly all motors should spin up at the same time.
Now disconnect battery, turn off tx and remove your spider and HOOK UP YOUR NAZA.
That's right, all this should be done without the NAZA in between your ESCs and rx.

Just an quick afterthought, the rx IS bound to the tx right?

Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, I think I got the order wrong. TX on at full throttle BEFORE plugging battery to ESCs.

WyDiablo

I think I got the esc's calibrated. I used the 8-way splitter to connect the esc to the thro channel. I put power to the rx with extra battery and then I put power to the F450 bottom plate. So after I got the first beep I moved the thro down to lowest position and it beeps 2 more times. I raised the thro and all 4 motors fired up normal. I reconnected everything back to the state for it to fly and now no motor response. And I do have the rx bound to my DX7 I did that the very first thing even before the build.

WyDiablo

Thanks for the help guys. I found my problem and it ended up me doing something stupid like I thought lolol. I found my problem on my second naza calibration.

Top Bottom