New on this field

Zka17

Hello, I'm about to start my adventures in the RC Heli field.
I'm fascinated by helicopters. Have read about them for long time and now time has come to try some rc one.

I know that I'm starting on the hard end... I'm going with collective pitch, 6-channel. Beside learning how to fly an RC Heli, assembling is my other (more certain) source of fun. So, I have choose the Align T-Rex 450L Dominator kit and the Spektrum DX9 radio. Would like to connect these with a remote receiver...

As of now, I have built the bird, made some preliminary cable management on it.

Now I would need to go ahead and bind the radio to the 3gx/satellite - but got stuck... binding fails... Also, for some reason could not install the 3GX software on my pc - but that's may be a pc problem, working on it now!

Going to read around on this Forum, maybe can find what my binding problems are... if can not find, I will ask!

Mac

Welcome, I am new here myself. Wow, nice equipment to start with. You will find plenty of nice people and plenty of help here to get you going.

Good Luck,
Mac

Zka17

Thank you, Mac! This Forum seems to be what I need to get started...
As of now, I have bind my DX9 to my 3GX/Satellite! Don't ask how I did it... I'm not sure... - I was just repeating the steps and suddenly is working... (although I suspect the binding plug wasn't playing nice, compared to the whole kit, it is a pretty weak quality)

wolfman76

WELCOME TO THE RC-HELP FAMILY. ... one suggestion i might make is if you don't have one yet is a simulator. Especially if you have never flown collective pitch heli before. .. trust me it is better to crash on the simulator and save the repair bill until you are comfortable on the sim in a basic hover. .. the best two IMO is phoenix rc and real flight most everybody on here have phoenix so you can go online and practice with other members and get some pointers I have both simulators along with Tony and possibly a few others it is a world of fun Plus an invaluable training tool... Good luck and don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you need we are all here to help in any way we can. ..

Zka17

Thank you, Wolfman! Yes, I've got prepared on that part - using the Phoenix RC 4. The DX9 does not play (yet) too nice with the Sim, but also have a Walkera Devo 10 and that works perfectly.

Top Bottom