New, Old Gyro

treff

I changed out the gyro on my new HK450 gt pro2 from the assan 250 to a used Spartan ds760 and what a brilliant difference.
The ds760 looks new coming in the original packing with usb input if needed. This gyro is quality. Very easy to set up and rock steady in flight.
It has made flying so much more pleasurable. Turns are smooth and I'm delighted. They do not make this model anymore but it still very good
for learning and the price was impossible to turn down. I must get some video shot when I can pull myself away from flying. Cheers

murankar

Staff member
Another Asan GA250 convert, welcome to the club. I dropped mine a long time ago and got jr g270 3d. rock solid, glad you got yours on and setup. ENJOY!!!!

treff

In have had three assan 250 gyros each one has developed some form of vault, usually remembering the end point settings. Doing research
on the net this seems to be a common fault. What you can do I believe if you have the right equipment is to re-flash the chip inside so
they work better and overcome this problem. Cheers

Derek

Hey there, treff! I am very happy to hear that you have found some new success. Sometimes, it's amazing what can be done with just a simple upgrade. From the sound of your first post, in this thread, you are really enjoying flying instead of crashing. That's awesome! I'm happy for ya buddy!!!

treff

Thanks mountaindewdude76 yes at last really getting to grips with this nose in flying. Went back to square one and fly only nose in until my dull brain reacts automatically with
out thinking. Its beginning to work, touch wood lol. I'm flyng about 10-12 batteries everyday and beginning to feel the bird so that is really great. The new gyro makes so
much difference but then when you think about it this gyro was very expensive in the day. I hope to move on to FBL soon. I will get the Align head and Tarot unit. But first
there is the little thing of my Daughters wedding to pay for LOL Talk about expensive. The most difficult thing I found with nose in is not the side to side being reversed but I find it hard
to see the birds attitude going forwards and backwards. I also tend to fly to close but its coming and really enjoyable. I must also get out into the hills near us and get some soaring time in.
Cheers

Lee

Good job Treff. I'll be back in the UK from the 5th Sept. Maybe one day we'll have an RC Help flyin :D
There is the biggest helicopter gathering from the 5th to the 8th Sept in Loughborough. Loads of top pilots. I'd love to get there but skint at the moment. Maybe next year.

Top Bottom