Motors New motor

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello everyone! I'm looking for a new motor to put in my tarot 450prov2 that has Yep45 amp esc. A motor that wont break the buget but still has the power. I've heard Align 450 mx is one choice. Can anyone make some other suggestion. I appreciate the help.

Tony

Staff member
The 450MX is my choice. Lots of power and only $50. And the YEP will more than handle that motor. However, I would suggest the Align 35a esc to go with it since it's a MUCH smaller footprint.

Derek

Hi DOG! I'll give you my thoughts. I bought this motor:

Turnigy HeliDrive SK3 Competition Series - 2839-3600kv (450 size heli) (US Warehouse)

I don't recommend this one, at all. Even with an 11 tooth pinion, the head speed, on my 450 Pro DFC, is well over 3100rpm. Yes, the motor works and seems to work very smoothly, but it's not at all what I was hoping for. I'll probably end up ordering the Align 450MX 3400kv motor and I'll use the Hobby King 3600kv motor for another project that I have in mind.

So, I guess my recommendation would be to just get the Align 450MX 3400kv motor. I've heard a lot of great thing about this motor from people on this site and Youtube. It also got great reviews.

Good luck in your decision making!

I do hope that you report back with the motor that you decide to go with.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi DOG! I'll give you my thoughts. I bought this motor:

Turnigy HeliDrive SK3 Competition Series - 2839-3600kv (450 size heli) (US Warehouse)

I don't recommend this one, at all. Even with an 11 tooth pinion, the head speed, on my 450 Pro DFC, is well over 3100rpm. Yes, the motor works and seems to work very smoothly, but it's not at all what I was hoping for. I'll probably end up ordering the Align 450MX 3400kv motor and I'll use the Hobby King 3600kv motor for another project that I have in mind.

So, I guess my recommendation would be to just get the Align 450MX 3400kv motor. I've heard a lot of great thing about this motor from people on this site and Youtube. It also got great reviews.

Good luck in your decision making!

I do hope that you report back with the motor that you decide to go with.
Thanks Derek for the information. My AR7200BX, " best thing since peanut butter," Works fine with stock motor but ready for new one and I'm getting good advice on the Align motor. D.O.G.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom