Woody

Hi, My handle is woody as I am a better builder than flier. I completed a 1/4 scale super cub over a year ago and haven't flown it yet. Recently purchased a Carbon Z Cub for my next trainer. Trying to program radio for this airplane. I have a DX8 transmitter and a AR8000 receiver. I am making some progress but nothing to brag about. Currently I cannot get the flaps moved from Aux 2 to the flaps switch on the transmitter. When I am in switch assignment the flaps will only go to INH or aux 2.
Any help would be most appreciated. Have been working too many hours but hope to get serious with flying and move on to the big super cub. It even has SMOKE.
Thanks, Woody

Tony

Staff member
Hey Woody, welcome to RCH.

I usually don't answer tech questions in here, but I will have a go. On your wing selection, did you set it to two flaps one servo or did you select two flaps two servos? If one servo, then you will need to use a Y harness. If you chose two servos, then Aux 2 is more than likely going to be your only option. But, the best thing to do is plug a servo into channel 5 and see if the flap switch will move it. If so, then you know it works.

Unfortunately, I don't have a DX8 anymore so I can't test it (do you have the first DX8, or the new one?). But in your flaps menu (I think it has that menu) you should be able to select what switch you want as well as the channel. If you can't do it in there (or don't have that menu) then you will need to go into your switch select menu and find out what switch is assigned to the channel you want.

:welcome1:

Top Bottom