Roy Sitter

Well, I just signed up and I'm not sure if this is where I introduce myself,but here goes. I have been in the hobby (building flying model aircraft) since1965. I got involved with rc helicopters in1992. I've built and flown several glo fuel models over the years, and my favourite are scale! (Planes and helis). My current project is a align trex600 l dominator, which is almost ready to fly. However, I'm new to these large scale electric helis, and need some help with them.

Smoggie

Hi Roy,

Welcome to the forum, that's quite some years of experience you bring with you. I'm sure your knowledge will be invaluable around here. Do you have any photos of your models over the years?

I have a Trex 600 Pro in my fleet which is basically the same heli as the 600L Dominator so I might be able to help you. The setup of the flybarless controller is probably the biggest variable, which controller do you have fitted?

PS... probably best take the 600L Dominatior discussion to a dedicated thread over on the 500-600 heli sub-forum.

Steve

trainrider06

Hi Roy welcome again! Lol I hadn't seen where ya posted over here!
We're glad to have ya here! Sounds like your well versed in the hobby for sure!
As Steve said do ya have any pix to share of your aircraft? Would love to see em!

KLA

Welcome to RCHelp, Roy. Don't know how much help I can be for you, but I'll try, and are a lot of other very knowledgeable people here and I'm sure they will help as much as possible. You have been involved in the Hobby longer than I've been alive and your knowledge will be welcome and very helpful. As others have said, would love to see some pictures or videos if you have any. I especially would love to see some pictures of your earlier fleet. Would like to see how things have changed over the years.

Roy Sitter

Thanks for the kind words, new to this kind of thing. I kinda expected that it would take forever to get a reply, but obviously, the opposite is true. I'M very happy to see that.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Roy, we try to stay on top of the new threads around here and help out in any way we can. Pretty much what this forum is about (Rc Help). If we do happen to overlook a thread, let us know by replying to it again so that we see it and we will get right on it.

And I think you will really like the new heli's that are out. They are much more stable than the old ones. What ever the question, just post it up and we will help you out.

Welcome to RCH!

:welcome1:

Roy Sitter

THANKS for the welcome tony! I really look forward to getting to know everyone! IT seems that I'm about the only one in this area I live in that's an avid modeller. I really miss the interaction !

Roy Sitter

Thanks steve, pretty excited to get to know you all! I'M going to head over to the 500/600 area and post. I really need help with my helicopter (Man have things changed!). I really wish I still had all my models, photos and stuff, but it was all lost in a tragic house fire some years ago. My insurance coverage wasn't adequate enough to replace my models ( how do you replace years of amazing creations?!). I almost gave up, well I did for a few years, but finally came to my senses and realized that I wouldn't be happy unless I started building and flying again. So, here I am a couple of years later with one trex600 heli, and three 50sz biplanes. Nothing compared to what I had, but a humble resurgence. A healing time for this broken soul.

Tony

Staff member
If you do some looking around on ebay and craigslist, you can find some of those old kits that you can put together like you did back in the day that have never even been opened. I have had a few chances to do this but never took them. I love building them, that's for sure. I need to build more, but need to get a little more money before I start more projects. lol.

Blade_flyer

Welcome to the group. You have come to the right place. Lots of information and a great bunch of guys that won't steer you wrong!

Bud

Top Bottom