mbleckley

hi guys and gals,

my name is mike and im from michigan.. New to the hobby of flying rc helicopters and just looking for some useful info to get me started. seems to be a pretty informative forum so looking forward to learning some new things!

wolfman76

WELCOME TO THE RC-HELP FAMILY... all you have to do is ask and we will all do our best to get you headed in the right direction one thing that we all recommend but it is not a necessity is a decent flight sim most of us either have phoenixrc or real flight hands down one of the most useful traing tools of any rc heli or plane pilot excellent traing device without crash cost of flying your actual bird and oh yeah one thing we all can't get enough of on the forum is pics and videos they are our crack... lol

murankar

Staff member
Welcome to RCH. This is the first forum in my history of flying. I have no need for any other forum.

We love pics and video so post up.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Barge

Hi Mike, I've only been here a day and have learnt heaps from the forum and Tony's excellent videos, one cool place, one hot one over here. Welcome aboard.

mbleckley

Yeah I bought Phoenix rc pro 4 when I bought my v913 fixed pitch heli. but I'm having all kinda trouble setting it up to work properly with my dx8. need to search here to see if there's anything on setup of Phoenix with dx8. but I just ordered a blade mcpx bl to fly around the living room: )

wolfman76

I am pretty sure that Tony has a video on that for phoenix but i think you have to set up 2 models on the dx8 is what i have on my dx8. .. one for heli and one for plane... then go through and calibrate the TX on phoenix like normal. ... if you need me to post up my settings just let me know...

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
We are not supposed to answer questions in here, but I will enlighten just a tad ;)

Here is a great writeup that Stokke, a member here on the forum and a supporter, wrote for the phoenix flight sim. This is written for a DX7s, but works just the same on a DX8.

HOW-TO Configure Phoenix Flight Simulator - by Marius S

You do need to set your DX8 up with two models. One for helicopter, and one for airplane. Make sure on the helicopter, you leave everything STOCK when setting it up. You MUST have a linear curve on both pitch and throttle. Make sure in the helicopter, it's on 1 servo 90º for it to work correctly.

Once you are done with that, and everythign is working great, THEN, and only then can you go in and start playing with expo, dual rates, pitch settings and so on. But you MUST get it working correctly BEFORE making those changes.

Hope this helps.

Derek

Hi there, Mike! Welcome to the forum! If you have further questions about setting up your Phoenix Sim, simply browse through the forum for the Phoenix Simulator thread and post your questions there. We have quite a few people that have the Phoenix Sim, including myself. We'd be happy to help with further questions. Then, when you get it all setup, we'll have to get together for the Multiplayer Flight Sessions and fly together.

dragon-chess

Just signed up today. Was using youtube to watch videos for some 101 info figured i would see what this is all about. New to forums, new to RC and new to TX starting with planes although my son just wrecked my little 30$ wally world heli :( putting a lock on my mad scientist room so he doesnt destroy my build :)

Top Bottom