New member Shankaway

Shankaway

Hello Everyone,
Introducing myself as a new member. I'm relatively new to the RC world. Been flying a Blade mSR and 120 SR for about a year now. Recently, I purchased a nano CPX, and a 300 X (not flown yet). I also just purchased a Hobby Zone Super Cub mini and two Traxxas Slash Trucks for my two boys. I have a Spektrum DX7 transmitter that is the airplane model .Unfortunately didn't know the difference at the time that there was a heli and an airplane model.
Just starting to understand what all the curves and functions do on my transmitter and could use some help in this area.
I live in Westchester County NY, If anyone knows a friendly heli club nearby, please let me know.
Steve

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Welcome to the sight! The dx7 has both a acro (plane) and heli mode built into them. You just select witch one you want to use when you set up your new model!

BOKI

Shankaway Sounds like you have a pretty good start in Rc! The site here will do all they can do to help you all the time! I'm only into Rc about a year also have a 120 & Trex 450 Se V2 ! Just learning though myself! Welcome to the site! :lol: :twothumbsup:

Derek

I, personally, have a DX6i and I really like it. However, it would be nice to have another spare channel like you do with the DX7.

I have to say, it would help us in helping you if you had some "more specific" questions. There are quite a few people here like myself that can help with certain issues and there are also several people here that simply "really know their stuff."

Maybe you could take a minute...think about what you've got and what you are working on...then post 5-6 questions. That way we can get your the most direct help possible without wondering from topic to topic and just making things more difficult for you.

Also...Welcome to the site! The "Rc-Help" community is, by far, the best that I've come across in the 1 year of RC'ing.

Shankaway

Hi Derek,
I did post a specific question regarding the setup of my nano CPX heli. Under the D/R & EXP settings, the owners manual shows a EXP RUDD setting of 'INH' for pos 0 and 1. However, I only find settings of 'LIN' or values between 1 and 100%. I cannot find a setting of 'INH'?
Thanks

Graham Lawrie

Hi Steve welcome to the forum, really good people on here , i am new to this as well, and if it wasnt for this site i would still be scratching my head. welcome.
Graham

BOKI

Shankaway; My Dx 8 setting for rudder is POS: POS 0 DR 100 100 EXPO 00 At bottom of graph it is 2 _ 2 ! Thats what I have set on my Trex 450 SE V2 :twothumbsup:

Last edited:

wolfman76

welcome to the RC-HELP family skankaway you made a good choice with this forum i have been on a few of the other forums won't mention which but without a doubt this forum is the best one i have been on i don't even go to the other forums for questions only if i am looking for a deal on a specific item...there is no such thing as a dumb question.... Although we do ask for pictures and videos plz we can't get enough of them... and a good number of times videos help us answer your questions a lil easier also...

Derek

wolfman76 is right on several points....I, too, have been to several other rc sites and this site is definitely the best rc site that i've been to. I don't even go to the other ones at all anymore.

and as far as pics and videos...yep...they are just like milk.....does the body good, lol

Top Bottom