New Member (New to RC)

Aregorn1

Hey all,

Just dropping a line to say hi. Kind of new to RC Flying, just started flying RC after my wife got me the Cessna - 182 from RedCat. I took my Cessna out in the front yard after I got it put together and :moody: you can guess the results. Say "look out for the **crunch** wall". LOL But a little hot-glue and she is ready to go again. But not until after I finish out the foamies and fly them for a while (much cheaper). Plus I got a copy of RealFilght 6.5 to practice with. LOL with the way my back is the Sim is much easier, LOL. One thing that I could use some help with is putting together my KIT, I have some cash that I have set aside for buying the equipment that I will need and I am asking around for suggestions of things that I (#1) NEED to have in the Kit. (#2) Should have. (#3) Would be nice to have.

Here is a list of the Items that I have now;

Stanley GS15DT (6-Pack) 4-Inch Dual Temp Glue Sticks
Arrow Fastener TR550 Lever Feed Glue Gun
Quik-cure 5min epoxy 9oz Bob Smith Ind.
Great Planes RealFlight 6.5 Airplane w/Interlink Mode 2 GPMZ4480
Triangle Alum 45/90 Deg 8 Inch
Du-Bro 230 Mini-Nylon Kwik-Link On 12" 2-56 Rod (5-Pack)
Harry Higley Mini Tap Handle HIGMTH001
Pit Bull CHIDB003 Mini Drill Bit Set Tools Precision Tool Model Car, 21-Piece
Moody Tools 58-0670 6-Piece Slot/Phil/Screw Extractor Combo Reversible Driver Set
Adhesive Technologies 220-11ZIP24 Multi Temp Full Size Glue, 10-Inch, 24-Pack
Du-Bro 107 1/2A Control Horn (2-Pack)
Great Planes Precision Z-Bend Pliers GPMR8025
Mini Tap and Die Set, 14 Piece Set with Box
The New Course (RCPowers.com)
MiG-29 Easybuild PDF (RCPowers.com)
Spektrum DX8 DSMX Transmitter (per-ownedI)​

Any suggestions of items that I should get would be really appreciated. I figure that people who have into RC for a while will know what I should really get because I know they have all, at one time, Said "Man I wish I had a/some "XXXXXXXXXXX". LOL I don't want to get things that I don't really need, and forget things that do. So I will keep track of any suggestions. I may just start another thread that could be useful to others.

Well that is enough on that issue, Thanks for the help, and BTW I really like some of the info that I have gotten here on the site:yourock:.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Michael

Lee

Hi Micheal,
You will find it better to ask your questions in the relevant forums to get a quicker answer.
This would fit best in here Airplane Beginner Help

We don't encourage asking questions in the introduction section, as people like yourself looking for help, will be searching in the wrong places.
Welcome to the forum, we will help you any way we can.

Aregorn1

Thanks for the welcome everyone. @lee, sorry about that. I just got to typing and couldn't stop. LOL I get that way sometimes, I will try to curb it but, hey sometimes when my fingers start the do not want to stop. :hopelessness: LOL I did re post the last part of the message in the right place though. Again Thanks for the welcome.

Michael

Tony

Staff member
Hey Michael, I know what you mean about typing. You should see some of my blogs. They could be turned into books, and I meant for them to be short lol. We all get there. Welcome to the forum and you are doign the right thing by asking questions. Do it right the first time, and not have to worry about it later.

:welcome1:

Top Bottom