New member, new pilot, new damage

Beachy

Hello everyone, happy to be here and even more happy that this awesome resource is available. I am a newly minted RC pilot and have just recently taken to the skies with my new Gamma 370. A couple of trees and rough landings later and I'm still flying. That Gamma is tough, thankfully. I spent last winter practicing on the Phoenix flight sim with a couple friends and had a blast. It really helped with orientation when it came to actual flying. I also have a Blade SR I mess around with (fly, crash, rebuild, fly, crash,....) and a Habu EDF. I am clearly not ready for the Habu but the seller was desperate and made an offer I couldn't refuse. I look forward to being skilled enough to fly it someday and maybe even fly it well. You may be hearing from me often as I try to figure out why my aircraft refuse my commands to fly flawlessly.

Derek

That's awesome buddy! Welcome to the site! The Phoenix sim is an awesome tool. I can certainly say that I've benefited from it.

I had a Blade SR at one time and I just couldn't get it to work properly. Had to get rid of it. I hope you have better luck with yours. If you have time...go to the Members Pictures area of the forum and post up some pictures of your Habu EDF. Those sure are pretty!!

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
welcome to the forum!... will be nice to see you on online Phoenix! I've made countless mistakes when first starting this hobby... including not getting a sim till a few weeks ago, and several others... everyone is going to make mistakes in this hobby... but i can say it seems you missed a lot of the ones i hit early on. I have at least 5 nitro aircraft... and i've never flown one, but like you with your habu, i don't feel ready to fly them yet... even if i had the flying field for such planes... Wish you all the luck in the world, and may the addiction never grow less!

wolfman76

WELCOME TO THE RC-HELP FAMILY!!! That habu ought to be a screaming Lil Jet once you decide to fly it since you have phoenix Sim you should fly it more to get use to it will help get familiar with how the real thing should fly.. Good and maybe we will fly online sometime...

Welcome to the forum dude from one of the down under guys!!
The guys here are awesome and have lots of knowledge, use them! They have helped me with both helis and cars!
Get in and enjoy it!
Share the highs and lows with us! Hopefully more ups, and the downs are all nice and soft!

Aregorn1

:welcome1: to the forum Beachy. The Sim's are great, I use RealFlight myself, LOL I just need to stop 'playing' on it and practice. But 'Playing' so MUCH more fun. Ask away I am sure someone will answer, and, since I am new myself, I really like that you get responses fairly fast compared to some other sites.

Michael

Beachy

Thanks for big welcome, everyone, this is going to be a blast!! I just installed the aileron wing and brushless upgrade to the Gamma and what a difference! The hobby just cranked up the addiction level. My friend made his maiden flight with the build it yourself trainer he found here on rc help and it flew flawlessly. Looks like I may have to build one, now. Must fly, must fly.....

EyeStation

Welcome Beachy! We had a blast this past weekend, for sure. Your Gamma, my RC-Help Foamy and F4F Wildcat, and my brothers Super Cub and Extra 300. Some of our flight videos can be seen here, http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQlk42-sJDLIf8Hvmbg-NHGNzj-A2iNf7
We found a great open area to stretch out our wings. As we sat amongst the pieces parts at the end of the day, we both looked out at the field and thought how fun it is going to be flying the heli's out there.
Get that wing back together and I will reinforce the RC-Help Trainer, and next time, no midair collisions! Well, at least not without Video!

Beachy

That was a blast,my friend! Pilot's meeting at 150 feet and all. Still smiling about that one, the videos made it worthwhile!

Top Bottom