1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

New Member: Jimmy0161uk

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Jimmy0161uk, Dec 10, 2018.

< New Here | Newby Jcphilly Here With Lots Of Questions For Heli Pilots, Thank You. >
  1. Jimmy0161uk

Jimmy0161uk New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hi hope all is good with everyone, getting flying again after almost a year off, few gliders, fpv, an 700l dom heli which I'm currently setting up with a Spirit fbl unit an looking for as much advice on it as possible cheers.

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Hey Jimmy, welcome to RCH! Glad to have you back in the hobby. The Spirit is one gyro that I have not ever setup, but I know others on here have. We will definitely help you out any way we can. Just post up with what you are having issues with. Only a year off and not all that much has changed (compared to those that have taken 10 years off that is lol).

:welcome1:

Jimmy0161uk likes this.
  3. Geena

Geena Moderator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Certified Aircraft Welder
    Welcome to RC=Help, Jimmy. :)

Jimmy0161uk likes this.
  4. Admiral

Admiral I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Information Technology (Retired)
    Welcome to the forum Jimmy and back to the hobby.

Jimmy0161uk likes this.
  5. Jimmy0161uk

Jimmy0161uk New Member

Blog Posts:
    Ah cool cheers slowly getting some where just got to plug servos in now an sort the pitch out

6. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Setting up all of the pitch will take longer than anything else on the helicopter. The more time you spend trying to perfect the head setup, the better it will fly. I'm sure you know this, just typing out what is in my head lol.

7. Jimmy0161uk

Jimmy0161uk New Member

Blog Posts:
    About 2yr ago when I last flew a heli the trex 550, since then till 6 month or so ago was flying gliders an fpv Drone’s, now purchased 2 gliders st models Fox, the volantex Phoenix v2 an the heli second hand trex 700l Dominator so I’m a lil rusty plus this spirit pro is on a whole different level compared to the beast x but then again that we’re mostly already set up so never really went through many of the settings this on the other hand being set up from scratch got a few on Facebook giving me pointers the spirit manual ain’t the easiest to understand

8. Jimmy0161uk

Jimmy0161uk New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hello again hope all is good with yourselfs, making some progressive with the Spirit Pro on my T-Rex 700L Dominator think I've sorted a lot within my spektrum dx9 tx but not sure on the gov settings within it or weather I'm gunna be using the external gov on my scorpion commander esc or the 1 within the Spirit, bound serial rx along with 2 sats, set servo frequencies an the rest of the servo setup, set swash type plugged servos in all seems good apart from the rudder can go full left but very restricted on right input. added full travel to right rudder both in the Spirit software an on my tx to get no where, the rudder servo is centre an also when heli is unplugged the push rod can be pulled in both directions so dont look like its a mechanical problem

9. Tony

Blog Posts:
    I wish I could help on this one, but I have never played with the spirit or the scorpion ESC. Hoping someone on here has played with this combo before.

Jimmy0161uk likes this.
  10. Jimmy0161uk

Jimmy0161uk New Member

Blog Posts:
    to be honest i'm in touch with a few people on facebook that may be able to help with the gov settings as for the rudder im baffled as cant find anything which is restricting it from going full right

11. Tony

Blog Posts:
    If you have a servo tester, set it to center and see where it lines up with where the gyro has it centered. It may be off to one side a little too much.

12. Jimmy0161uk

Jimmy0161uk New Member

Blog Posts:
    dont have a servo tester but the the spirit definitely centres the servo at 90 degrees an also when its turned of from that centre point i can pull the push rod fully in both directions its like something in spirit is restricting me from going full right an as ive said tried going full right with travel both in the spirit software an also in my tx

< New Here | Newby Jcphilly Here With Lots Of Questions For Heli Pilots, Thank You. >