new member intro

aocowan

Just wanted to say hello and intro myself. im 47 years old and im finally looking into a hobby ive always been fascinated with but never was able to get started in until now. im still in the researching stage of this hobby of rc airplanes. will be reading the forums and posts so i may not be posting anything for a little while. so far ive found a lot of useful info here. thank you all.

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum. If you are a complete beginner to the hobby, get yourself a high wing trainer. They are the most stable and easiest to fly. I highly suggest getting your AMA membership for some insurance. You can do so by going to www.modelaircraft.org. Very much worth it. Once you have your AMA, you can join just about any club that may be around you. And with clubs, they can help you out in getting in the air. The buddy box is a great idea.

Also make sure to get a simulator. They are invaluable!

:welcome1:

Derek

Hey there, aocowan! Welcome to the site! That's awesome that you are in a position to inquire about a hobby that you've been interested in. Something that is really cool about "rc stuff" is that there are so many options. Trucks, cars, boats, planes, heli's, multi rotors, and who know's what else!!! You mentioned that you are researching rc planes. Certainly nothing wrong with that! We have a lot of plane pilots here, including myself. If you have questions.....we've got answers! So, grab yourself a cup of coffee (or your preferred beverage), sit down, and browse through the Airplane section of the forums. Post your questions in the sub-topics and I'm sure that someone(s) will get some answers to ya.

As Tony mentioned, above, high wing trainers are awesome starters. The ones that I've seen are pretty simple to build, or if you get a RTF (ready-to-fly) then you are that much closer to your maiden flight.

Good luck buddy! I'm sure we'll chat with ya soon!

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
Welcome aboard! Like the others said a high wing trainer is a good starter, also try to look for a good stock of replacement parts... most of the time with planes a little hot glue will do the trick, however sometimes you need to replace a piece or 2.

wolfman76

Hey there WELCOME TO THE RC-HELP FAMILY GLAD TO HAVE YOU!!! Hey if you are looking for a good start in flying planes as Tony and the others have said good place to start is a high wing trainer and what better trainer to start with then the rc-help trainer if you live in the states you only need like 2 our 3 sheets of dollar tree foam board.. And i believe Tony even has a build video on YouTube showing how it goes together... I believe in the thread for or or even the plans themself he list what electronics and everything he used in it.. Good luck and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask...

wachter

Bonjour
Nouveau membre ,après l'avion je débute l'hélico, et je viens d'acheter un trex 450 pro fbl 3 g.
j'ai une radio dx7s et j'aimerai connaitre le réglage pour commencer.
Egalement comment régler le G
Merci a tous de m'aider

murankar

Staff member
Welcome to RCH! Start with the RCH trainer. The build us easy and handles like a dream (so I heard). I have built the version 1 and the version 2 should be better.

Good luck and troll away on the forum. Lots of info here.

Top Bottom