New member intro

kenny

Hello all, my name is Ken. I live in upstate NY (Syracuse), and I am old enough to be receiving Social Security. I am partially retired; I was a tax and pension attorney for years working for both a group of lawyers and accountants and a Big 8 accounting firm. I started flying rc helicopters about 3 years ago when my son got me a Blade MCX, and since then I have acquired a Blade MSR, a Blade MCX2, a Blade SR, a Trex 450 Sport v1, a Trex 500e, a Blade MCPX, a Blade 300x, and most recently a Trex 450 Pro DFC with an AR7200bx controller.

I do only very mild sport flying...I can barely manage 1D, never mind 3D. I don't crash very often, but then again, I don't do too many risky maneuvers, unless my accident. :)

I found this forum while searching for build videos for a Trex 450 Pro DFC. While HF has very good build video, there was no video specifically for the 450 Pro DFC. Freddie Can Fly and Heli-Tuning offered helpful hints and tips along with video, but Tony's 450 Pro DFC build was a cut above. I also have been through the Beastx setup videos a few times, and will be going through them again once I setup my AR7200bx.

I keep track of my flights as follows:

Trex 450 v1 585
SR 829
Trex 500 84
MCPX 627
Blade 300x 132

My 450 DFC is all put together, and I will spending the next week or so figuring out the wiring, setting up the Beastx, and thread locking all the screws. Right or wrong, I thread lock nothing the first time through. Much easier to undo my mistakes. Once I am satisfied with the build, I methodically go back and threadlock the screws. On the 450 Pro, the only things which cannot be reached once fully assembled are the motor mount screws and the servo horn screws.

So....that's it for the moment.

Ken

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
:welcome1: Kenny. I am sure you'll like it here. I am a newbie too. Since I joined this forum, not a day has gone without me visiting this forum at least once.

I've asked more questions than providing answers; howevers, it is still enjoyable to spend time here, knowing that you're not alone when you run into problems in this rewarding hobby.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Hello fellow nyer! Lol I'm from the buffalo area myself! Welcome to the madness that is RCH! I see you have a lot of birds there. Lets see some picks! I have a T. rex 600. I'm in process of building a T. rex 700. I have a blade 120 sr. A couple of smaller helis. A number of planes. And my pride and joy a QAV 500 quad FPV setup.

wolfman76

WELCOME TO THE RC-HELP FAMILY ENJOY YOUR STAY!!!!! i myself have 4 planes 3 helis and 1 built xrotor spider quad and 1 h-quad in the process of being built.. i too will be purchasing a qav 500 fpv very soon along with upgrading to a dx8 spektrum tx i have a custom dx6i for the moment... we ask for pics and vids well simply saying is we cannot get enough of them we love to see what everyone else is working on...

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Ken. The ole sport v1 is a tried and true platform that just does what it's supposed to, fly. And it looks like you are doing just that. I like it that you are keeping track of all of the flights that you are doing on all of your heli's. Great way to track your progress.

As for the motor bolts on the Pro V2 DFC, unlike the build I did on the videos, you can remove the servos while they are still mounted to the block on the new design. IT's one reason I'm thinking about getting the 450 DFC. Well, that and I want my 450 back lmao.

Hope to see you on here more and more. If there is anything we can do to help out, just ask.

:welcome1:

Welcome Kenny!!
These are a great group of guys and full of knowledge and a keen willingness to help!
Hope you enjoy your time here and find all the things you're after.
I have a plane and a helicopter, will be picking up a few more helis and planes soon

Graham Lawrie

Hi Ken , welcome to the site from Scotland:) Sounds like you have got a good collection and many flying hours under your belt:) And no crashes that is incredible, i take my hat off to you:) Great site this one and all the guys are a great help. Get your hanger pictures up please:) Do you use a flight simulator? from time to time we meet up on them and fly together:)

Karubah

Welcome to the forum Ken, from the land down under. I don't know how you have managed only a few crashes, I spend most of my time repairing my helis ( keeps the LHS in business ). This is a great forum with some great tips and answers.

Top Bottom