New member and new pilot

Gerald

Hi all just a quick hello, I am 44 years old and just got my first r/c plane. Its a mini super cub from hobby zone. I make my living as a Chrysler auto tech and have done that for 20+ years. I would like to eventually own a Fu4 corsair and be able to fly it, thats down the road. I would like to build my own planes also, esp with winter comming on, need to fill the time. I am married with 3 grown children, so I have some free time to invest in the hobby. Looking forward to checking the site out and learning how to build and repair and fly. Thanks for any help and encouragement. Gerald C.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Gerald, welcome to the forum. The Cub is a great plane. It's one step up from beginner, but will do great to teach you how to fly them. And, if I'm thinking of the right one, it's pretty cheap to repair as well. If you have any questions, never hesitate to ask. We are here to help!

:welcome1:

Derek

Hey there, Gerald! Welcome to the site! Those Cubs are some great fun! I like the idea of building my own planes. I have 13 planes made from sheets of foamboard. Very cheap, easy to repair, and still very functional.

Gerald

Hey Gerald, welcome to the forum. The Cub is a great plane. It's one step up from beginner, but will do great to teach you how to fly them. And, if I'm thinking of the right one, it's pretty cheap to repair as well. If you have any questions, never hesitate to ask. We are here to help!

:welcome1:

Thanks! you are correct very cheap to repair! 2nd flight nosed in hard and bent propshaft $1.79 and flying again!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! I like the cub, managed a landing and a touch and go with it last night and several unintentional landings:highly_amused:

Lee

Welcome Gerald,
Good to have you here.

Last edited by a moderator:

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
Welcome aboard Gerald, it's a great site here... i'm sure you will spend lots of money in this hobby ;)... or at least I have :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom