New - La Crosse, WI

mccook2007

Hello everyone!

I'm currently rebuilding my Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5

One question I have, Is it required to add bearing grease to the inside of my Differential Housing?! I talked to my local RC hobbies shop and the owner insisted that I can run the differential dry without adding and grease to the gears or bearings inside. After watching the RC-Help video on YouTube, it was mentioned that adding bearing grease is a must.

I'm honestly not even sure which grease to purchase if it is required.. I'm not your normal car guy so any information would be much appreciated!

Thank You for your Time!

-Marcus

Tony

Staff member
If you don't run grease (and yes, you can run without it), there will be no lubrication of the gears and they will wear out faster. This is just like the rear end in your car. And if you open that up, it has 80/90 in it. I HIGHLY suggest that you run grease in there. Any thick grease like axle bearing grease for cars will work. Very cheap, and lasts a long time.

mccook2007

If you don't run grease (and yes, you can run without it), there will be no lubrication of the gears and they will wear out faster. This is just like the rear end in your car. And if you open that up, it has 80/90 in it. I HIGHLY suggest that you run grease in there. Any thick grease like axle bearing grease for cars will work. Very cheap, and lasts a long time.

Thank You!
Much Appreciated

-Marcus

Top Bottom