General New Helicopter Build Coming, What Do You Want To See?

Tony

Staff member
The Goblin build series has been put on hold for a bit. With the way we were doing it, it was just way too hard to make anything happen so we are going to be starting on that one again here in a couple weeks.

For now though, I have another 450 size helicopter coming that is going to replace the SE V2. This new one is a flybarless and a torque tube rather than flybar and belt.

So why did I decide to do this helicopter? Because I needed a beater that I don't care if I crash. And, this brand, to be announced later, I want to see the quality.

Again, this is an Align Pro V2 pro, NON DFC with a torque tube tail drive. This particular kit does not come with main blades or a canopy, but I had then send a set of blades as well.

This helicopter is going to get the 3GX put on it because, well, because lmao. There has been a lot of people lately asking things about the 3GX, so I am building a helicopter that I can test on.

So if you want to see something on this helicopter, post below and let me know.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Jim, trust me, I'm going for it, if it ever gets here. It has been two weeks so far which means this new person I'm dealing with used the absolute slowest shipping method possible. Hopefully it shows up soon though.

Tony

Staff member
No, I have just spent way too many hours working on the 3GX trying to get it to fly right lmao. It has been a couple years since I played with them so this could actually be a challenge. Accepted lmao.

Smoggie

A video on the correct 'stomping procedure' for the 3GX would be invaluable. I find the cases are pretty tough and if you don't catch them just right with a stout boot they can sometimes survive the stomping, which is very frustrating!

Tony

Staff member
Well the helicopter finally came today. Packaging sucks as usual, took way longer to get than anything else I have requested and there are some issues with the description of the helicopter. More on that in the video.

Speaking of video, how do you guys want to see this? Do you want to see a build live or our usual way? Post up and let us know!

Smoggie

For me if it's a build video what works best is one that focuses in on the tricky/interesting bits and whizzes past the routine stuff. But that's just me, a beginner may want to see where every screw goes and which way you turn them!

Top Bottom