FBL Gyro New gyro required

Slobberdog

Guys, am a bit torn at the moment, need to change the crappy gyro I have to get rid of a bit oof tail drift.

BUT, I want a good gyro but don't want to spend lots of cash as I want to put money away for a new heli FBL

So on that note has anybody used or know anything about the g210hl from eflite

Slobberdog

Yes I've looked at the GA250 but not in the uk warehouse so would cost me about £18 delivered, not a fan of eBay to much not for cheaper products as there's no come backs, the eflite gyro I can pick up for about £32 from LHS that I can return it to if faulty that's why I was looking at it, I like the slight safety net of buying with a guarantee from a shop, ok the GA-250 on eBay is only about £13 but lots of people seem to have a hard time setting them up.

murankar

Staff member
I have had the ga 250 by assan. I upgraded mine to the one in my signature. It runs around $110 US. If you want to stay off eBay then check other forums for a used gp720. Tony swears by the align products, I swear by my Jr gyro.

Oh I found the assan ga250 on an obscure web site. I had a very good experience with them (the site). So you can find it new outside of HK, It's just difficult.

Lee

I recieved a GA250 Yesterday from Treff. It took me 5 mins to set up. But i understand wanting the security of the local shop. I don't have a LHS so everything i have ever bought has been from ebay or an online shop. If the eflight one is all you can get, then it will do the job i'm sure.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I buy from e bay all the time. Every problem I've ever experienced from e bay has been taken care of no questions asked! A friendly e mail and problem solved. Retailers do not want negative feedback. It just ruins there reputation on e bay and impacts future sails! Just my two cents! Lol.

Slobberdog

Well I just ordered a GA-250 from a company on eBay that's 20 miles from me, hopefully Lee I will be able to set this up as easy as you did, with that troublesome one that you had off Treff,

In the end had to pay £12.75 or €15 or about $18 so not bad, seeing as they are only £6 on HK but not in uk warehouse so if you want to wait for a while no probs but if you want it quick an extra £17 for postage OMG nearly fell off the sofa.

Lee

Cool deal Dude. The one i had from Treff was fine. Nothing wrong with it. :D
I have made a video on setting it up. Should be ready tomorrow.

Tony

Staff member
Stay away from the eflight gyro. You will have the same drift you have now. Align GP790, Quark, NAZA or the like is all I will suggest. Those cheap gyros and cheap servos will ALL drift on you. It's just something you will have to get used to until you can drop a couple bills for the proper setup. It's worth the money, Trust me.

Slobberdog

will drop the bills no probs when I go for a new heli which will inevitably be FBL, if and when I am able to fly around that will be the time I think to replace my junker that I have now and get a decent bit of kit, at the moment I am torn between keeping the hobby reasonable while I learn to fly these little booogars, and what I would like in front of me, could get out of hand for me money wise if i just get what i want all the time.

when i used to race electric 1/10 off road buggies 20+ years ago, i fell in that trap and blew about $5000 in 18 months, that got me to british level, but could not keep that up as did not have the sponsorship to go further.

Fortunately little older and a bit wiser now, well maybe............:devilish:

Tony

Staff member
Well, in that lies the catch 22. If you go cheap, it's harder to learn because you are having to chase a wondering heli. Go expensive, you have a great and stable heli to learn on and it's much easier. I would not have gotten so frustrated if I had went with the good products. You can find the Align GP790 all over the place for about $50 if you look hard enough. And for a servo of that level, that is a killer price.

Slobberdog

this side of the pond its a little more expensive, ebay items start at £55 Just about 100 bucks upto about 120 bucks new, not many used going and when they do they are being snapped up for silly money, again not many quark going either.

when i get to start more fwd flight i will probably look at something better, again depending how I get on with this GA-250 as a stop gap will see how good or bad it is.

Really appreciate what your saying and as rule of thumb i tend to buy the best i can afford, and probably will end up doing that when or maybe if i get to a level/ability that justifys that, or if i buy the new kit i would like and then i will have to buy a FBL unit anyway, and there lies the biggest thorn in my side, want to be better before i pile out the dough.

murankar

Staff member
I started out on cheap myself and when I first built the heli I had the ass an ga-250. The entire time I had it I was chasing the tail issues every time I flew.

I finally got the Jr gyro and I started to progress in my flying. 2 or 3 months later I upgraded all the electrics in hopes of building a better kit later. I finally got that kit just after Thanksgiving and have progressed even farther.

Good luck and have fun.

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
Guys, am a bit torn at the moment, need to change the crappy gyro I have to get rid of a bit oof tail drift.

BUT, I want a good gyro but don't want to spend lots of cash as I want to put money away for a new heli FBL

So on that note has anybody used or know anything about the g210hl from eflite

Do you mean the stock gyro on the Blade 450 3d? Based on my experience, it's a good gyro. I've owned 3 Blade 450 3d. I couldn't have been more happy with the solid tail hold on the first one. After I crashed it ( the heli flew beyond the effective range of my eye sight, causing me to become disoriented), I transferred it onto my Frankenstein heli whose performance just blew my mind ( check out the video I posted in the videos section.)

As far as acquiring a better quality heli, it is a very good option for beginners who need to know what a good heli flies like. You might feel intimated by the more powerful bird and nervous about crashing your small investment, but there are ways to tame the beast down, turning it into a docile animal. We'll show you.

Cheer,
Zuey

Slobberdog

Thanks Zuey, have plumped for the GA-250 to try, the efilte I asked about as I thought it needs to be ok for them to include it in the 500 kit,

Slobberdog

Well got my gyro this morning, had to go out with the family so had to wait for a while to play.

Stripped the old one out, and fitted the new one back in, first thing in noticed was darn this thing is small, well set up was quite easy once selected the servo, which ment being very quick, or as I done holding the battery connections together with one hand while toggling with the other, lol.

The rest of the set up was a doddle...............

The test.......well in my small garden well small for a 450 to hover in, tail had zero drift and played well, will have to wait for a proper test though.

Thanks all for the advice,

Top Bottom