New guy on board

snoopy13us

Hi all. I'm retired (5 times, still trying to get it right). I do small helis (still flying my 120SR) and used to do boats (quit that one). Now it's quads. I have my nano QX's and a bunch of little guys for indoors in the winter. My quad of choice right now is the 200QX with the mobius. Done some nice house top pics for the neighbors and stuff. Now I'm working on two new builds (280 class) for FPV and pics/movies. The application is commercial; however, I'm still testing the communication. I have a general class amateur license (K4NXV) and a commercial Phone license. It really does all fit together. I have already picked up some really good advice from you folks, each time I don't have to re-invent the original mistake I get the pleasure of doing a new one. Truly satisfying.

Anyway, look forward to continuing on. Looks like AMA is going to be a requirement (I have no close flying fields; however, the FAA is getting ready to do their thing). All in all, a great hobby and really fun.

One thing I would ask: I noticed AMA groups are identified, would it be possible to add an amateur radio (Ham) group. If you are doing FPV in the states, the odds are you will need a license. Just a thought.

Tony

Staff member
Hey snoopy, welcome to RCH! I will have to admit, quads are where it's at right now. I tried for years to hold myself off from them, but have given in and have more than I would like to admit to lol. Please post up some pictures of your fleet, we would love to see them.

As for the HAM User Rank, I will see what I can get done. With the world of FPV, I think it would be advantageous to get your HAM license no matter who you are.

Again, welcome to the forum and hope to see you posting up here in the future. Preferably with pictures :biggrin1:

:welcome1:

Top Bottom