new guy from a small town

mudbogger

Hey y'all, just wanted to stop-in and introduce myself.

I started flying R/C airplanes and R/C helicopters with my dad when I was about 4 or 5 years' old. Me and my dad would "buddy-box" with his PT-40.
I never did fly the R/C helicopters, they were too sensitive for me. My dad's PT-40 was the first R/C airplane I got to fly with. I am currently 15 years' and fly 3D taildragger R/C airplanes. Me and my dad together built a edge 540 gasser balsa R/C airplane. It is simple, but fast and performs well. I can't tell you exactly why-but I just really like flying 3D stunts/maneuvers. Also while building the edge 540, I learned a lot as far as what is involved with programming, wiring, servos, etc. I'm not into R/C cars very much though-because I have a full-sized truck if I want to drive it :cool: .

mudbogger

I would also like to know how to upload a avatar, and how to change the caption where it says "New Rc-Help Member".

Slobberdog

Welcome to the forum, now you cant leave us dangling like that we need pics of the hanger and the truck

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum. To upload an avatar, or adjust your signature, you will need over 50 posts. You can thank spammers for this rule since they were posting offensive images and links on their profile. As for the user titile, I think that is when you hit 100 posts. I will have to double check that though, but have to get ready for work right now.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Welcome to RCH!

+1 on pics…….And video of your flying!

It's my understanding that you cannot upload a custom avatar nor change the caption until you have 50 or more posts on the forum.

mudbogger

Ok thanks Tony and HeliDinoRC...
Just one more question, is it the same for a custom signature(s) then?

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the forum, now you cant leave us dangling like that we need pics of the hanger and the truck
I will try to get some pictures later-on today for y'all ;).

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Tony and I must have been typing at the same time but he hit post before I did! Hahahaha….

Yes, it is the same for the signature.

mudbogger

Thanks Derek.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Admiral...Yeah R/C flying is a hobby both me and my dad enjoy. I fly R/C airplanes and he flies R/C helicopters ;) .

Derek

When you get time, mudbogger, please go to the Members Pictures section of the forum and post up some pictures of the planes and helicopters that you and your Dad fly. I'm 38 years old. I've been flying for about 3 years and I'm starting to get my Dad into flying with me.

mudbogger

When you get time, mudbogger, please go to the Members Pictures section of the forum and post up some pictures of the planes and helicopters that you and your Dad fly. I'm 38 years old. I've been flying for about 3 years and I'm starting to get my Dad into flying with me.

I'm trying to upload pictures now...not having much luck though. I'm still learning how to navigate this forum.

mudbogger

Thanks Graham Lawrie.

- - - Updated - - -

I just started a new thread in the "member's pictures" section of this forum. So if y'all want to see my truck or the R/C edge 540 I was talking about-the pictures are now posted. Please don't be afraid to ask me any questions you have :cool: .

Top Bottom