New gadget arrived!

stokke

Up til now I have been shooting all flight vids with my compact cam mounted on a regular cap - well, that ends today! As a late Christmas gift, I got this Jobo JIB2 HD action cam from my boss. I know, I have the best boss ever :D

Jobo JIB2
P1000156.JPG

Got myself a 16gb class 10 microSD card
P1000157.JPG

The great thing about this "budget" action cam, is that almost everything you need is included! :D

Comes with a water proof case
P1000158.JPG

And a bunch of mounting brackets!
P1000159.JPG

Small unit
P1000160.JPG

This thing will record 1080p @ 30fps - or 720p @ 60fps.
It has a wide angle lens (though not as wide as the pricier GoPro equivalent).

Hope to get some flight video this weekend :D

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Nice, I hope it works great. Now days you don't need to spend a lot to get decent quality.

FTW!!!!!!

Westy

LEGEND
Does it have hte same Fish eye effect that the Go PRo has? is it a fixed lens or can you zoom with it.

stokke

Does it have hte same Fish eye effect that the Go PRo has? is it a fixed lens or can you zoom with it.

It's basically a GoPro replica - calling it a GoPro competitor would sound about right. It's got a fixed lens with 150° wide angle (10° less than the GoPro2) - so yes, you will get a tad fish eye effect on close ups.

Lee

There are quite a few GoPro Clones coming out now. This one looks really good. Look forward to seeing the quality. Ony problem filming with these type of cameras is the Heli becomes a dot in the sky at about 20ft away :D

Top Bottom