Micro new full BL MCPX being releast

xokia

With everyone complaining about tail blow out and switching to brushless it was only a matter of time.
I might pick one of these up, although the 130x IMO is a signifacantly better brushless helicopter.

It's a 2S battery I wonder if its the same motor as the 130x? The thing will scream!! It will be a sheet rock shredder for sure.

Last edited:

heli-maniac

With everyone complaining about tail blow out and switching to brushless it was only a matter of time.
I might pick one of these up, although the 130x IMO is a signifacantly better brushless helicopter.

It's a 2S battery I wonder if its the same motor as the 130x? The thing will scream!! It will be a sheet rock shredder for sure.
ya the 130 is a better helicopter but its not for inside the house

Lee

I see they have the 3 in 1 Brushless board available. Guess we can convert our V2 MCPX to this set up??

Tony

Staff member
That would be pretty cool if we could just get the board with the brushless motors we already have. I'm pretty sure that my board is going out on me, and if I can just replace it with this and get rid of the external ESC, that would be great.

Lee

With all the money we have in these birds Tony, I hope it works. Bring life to the old guy :D The new one is 2S though with a lower KV motor. Can't wait to find out.

Tony

Staff member
well crap, that takes us "1s" owners out of it then I would think. But maybe not. I guess it just depends on how the power is distributed.

xokia

With all the money we have in these birds Tony, I hope it works. Bring life to the old guy :D The new one is 2S though with a lower KV motor. Can't wait to find out.
I'm gonna guess this is based on the 130x. If you look at the drawing of the motor and the motor speed they are almost identical. Which probably means your motor would need to handle 2s for it to work. Also the remote setup is just about identical to 130x

- - - Updated - - -

well crap, that takes us "1s" owners out of it then I would think. But maybe not. I guess it just depends on how the power is distributed.
Don't upgrade anymore. :) This happened with my savage. Every upgrade I did the following year the base model was released with it. If its a popular enough upgrade almost guaranteed the manufacturer will realease it's own version. Stock is usually always best at least that is what I have learned over the years.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
On, my mCP-X is FAR from stock lol. The only thign stock on this is the head. Frame, motor and so on are all aftermarket. I'm just having a twitching issue that I can't get rid of. Might need to get another board and if they have one with an ESC for BL motors, that would be killing two birds with one stone.

JEXFIRE

I remember I had a twitching or shaking deal with my mcpx too, I ended up lowering the Gail for the gyro from 100% to bout 80% and that made almost completely disappear

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately my twitch is on the cyclic and collective. Not on the tail. If anything, I need more gain in the tail.

JEXFIRE

Right that's what mine was doin. It looked like one or both aleron servos were twitching back in forth causing the heli to shake in the air. I'm pretty sure it was it was the gyro gain I lowered but its been quite awhile.

Tony

Staff member
as far as I know, there is no gain on the cyclic. I'm really thinking it's a board issue since it does it with collective as well. YOu can see it in the grass cutting thread when I try to cut grass with the little guy. The bobbing up and down isn't me. And when I'm in a stationary hover, or even flying around, it will bank full right or left aileron. Not really a gain issue, more like a glitch issue. But it doesn't happen all the time so it's hard to track it down. The bird is hanging up on the wall for now.

Now dont get me wrong.....It looks like a great micro heli, the thing i dont like is the price for the little thing.If i was going to spend that kind of money i will go out and buy a 300 - 400 class kit

Top Bottom