New from Texas

steking

I've been flying for 6 months now and love it. Found this group through a YouTube video on building a foamie, so thought I would join. To date I've just built ARF's, but I'm going to try my hand at building a foam board 3D. We'll see how that works out.

Great to be here.

Tony

Staff member
I'm going to guess you are wanting to build the RCH Edge 540? If so, it's a great plane to start out with, just remember to lower the control surface throws way down and use a lot of expo. It's very responsive.

When you get it built, I would like to see it. I would also like to see some pictures of your other birds if you get a chance.

Welcome to RCH!

:welcome1:

steking

You're correct, I'm wanting to build the Edge 540. A couple of questions, where is the link to the plan download, and which forum do I post the pic's in? Or do you just paste them into you sig?

Tony

Staff member
The link to the plans is at Store tab at the top of the forum. RC-Help.com - Welcome To The RCH Store!

And you can post pictures in this thread, you can post them in the members pictures forum, or you can post them in the forum for each aircraft. In here is probably easiest.

Also, at the top of the forum there is an RCH How-To tab. In that tab, it will show you (with videos) how to do many things on the forum that some may not know.

steking

Here's the fleet...the furthest one back is a Pilot RC Trainer 90". I've got a 26cc in the garage I'm getting ready to stab in there.

20160928_213531.jpg

20160928_213531.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Now that is a fleet! Are all of those balsa builds? And that trainer is going to be like flying a kite. It's just going to float up there. And gas powered, you are going to have 20+ minute flight times. Would love more details on this fleet!

steking

Starting back row, left to right. Staufenbiel Red Bull foamie 52"; Phoenix Yak 54 balsa 56" with a HP .91 it screams; HH T-28 48" Trojan retracts/flaps; E-flite Yak 54" foamie; Hanger 9 P-51 Mustang 56" with .46 Rimfire; and up front Phoenix Sbach 342 56" with a HP .91, it also screams. I've got a Phoenix Extra 300S 57" still in the box yet to build. Also have a classic original 1980's Mark's Models Hellcat 56" still in the box. It will have a 15cc and retrac's when it's done. Look close, the Hellcat has Formed Foam Wing Cores. Yeah, a partial foamie from 1985. Bought it for $10. It's a winter project.

lg-930006-2-6299.jpgMarks Models Hellcat.jpg

lg-930006-2-6299.jpg

Marks Models Hellcat.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Now that's what I'm talking about. Fantastic line up. Always wanted an Sbach 342. One of these days lol.

KLA

Welcome to RCHELP, Steking. Dude, you have a hell of a nice fleet!!! I even like how you layed them out so perfect just to take the picture. You've only been flying for 6 months? I guess you really dove in head first, huh! So far it looks and sounds like you're doin great. Keep up the good work!

steking

Thanks Keith, yeah I like building them as much as flying them. I might have gone a little overboard, but that's okay. I get to fly just about everyday.

KLA

Hey man, we've all been there. I fly helicopters and after I got my first one, within a year I already had 6. Right now I have 13 helicopters.

Top Bottom