New Faa Rules

Capn Pete

I am confused. (Not a difficult thing to do) Now that rule 336 is history, do all things that fly that are over .55 Lbs. have to be registered? I know the fearsome drone has to be, but what about helis? Airplanes? Anything with FPV? At $5 a pop, that could add up! I am so tired of the Feds digging into my pocket every time I turn around, not to mention interfering in my personal life and space. They always cock things up when they get involved. Remember when they took over the Chicken Ranch in Nevada? They went broke selling booze and sex!! Anybody who can't make a profit selling the two most marketable items has no business running anything!!! Just my humble opinion, of course.
But I digress. I would like to know if I have to do any registering besides drones.
thanks,
Pete

Tony

Staff member
Don't know, have not read it lmao. If I have to register everything over .55lbs I will have to take a second mortgage out on my house... Just not going to happen.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
It's a one time fee of $5.00 for as many aircraft you have. You must list all your crafts and you need to have the ID# they give you on every craft. That's what I've heard when I went to register my crafts.

Capn Pete

The way I read it, it's any aircraft cause it says : 'UAS' Unmanned Aircraft System, so that would include helis, planes, wings...the lot. I don't mind the $5 so much as the intrusion into my private affairs. Registration is the first step to confiscation. Just ask Australia and their gun control laws. Also as I understand it, the ID# must be visible anywhere on the craft as long as it doesn't require a tool to view it. So it can be inside your battery compartment.

Tony

Staff member
Been reading through part 107 and section 336 on their page. I'm at a loss for words on this one...

Top Bottom