Setups New camera ordered from GetFPV

Lee

Took advantage of the Cyber Monday sale and bought a couple of bits.

Luminier 650TVL camera

img_6440_1.jpg

Layer lens

layerlens_1_1.jpg

Polarized lens

polarized-lens.jpg

polarized-lens.jpg

img_6440_1.jpg

Tony

Staff member
That polarized lense is going to make all the difference in teh world! Can't wait to see video from this!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I'm glad for you! That camera should be a great addition to your QAV. I tryed a sun filter in my go pro. It depends on what time of day your videoing. Middle of the day it work out great. Morning or evening when facing the sun, I still was getting glare.

WyDiablo

You guys please enlighten me on your knowledge of these types of lens please. Polarized I know a little about but the layered lens I have no clue.

Tony

Staff member
The layer lens is there to provide protection for the camera lens. The idea is to remove the large 100g case that comes with the gopro and replace it with this one for fpv flying and recording and still protect the lens. It does nothing for the picture, just protection.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You guys please enlighten me on your knowledge of these types of lens please. Polarized I know a little about but the layered lens I have no clue.

A layered lens is a protective cover for the lens on a go pro. It's designed so that you do not need to put the camera into the case that it comes with. Saves weight on a FPV setup. And protects the lens incase of a crash or rocks, stoned being thrown and scratching the lens. Or even prop damage on the lens.

Here is a pick of mine on my go pro 2 and mounted on my qav500.

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Tony why did the pic post twice?

image.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Because there were two codes in there for the picture. The first one was put at the front of the post, then the second one was put at the end. I removed the first one.

WyDiablo

Thanks, I was wondering about the use of the layered lens. Was thinking it has something to do with the pictures or video but I could not figure just how.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Ok I only uploaded one pic. Something screwed up and it went in there twice. I left it has it was to show you what happened. I did not put it in there twice.

Top Bottom