New Boat Builder

boatnewbie

I am working on a boat which I am building myself. I realize that boats aren't a key point of emphasis here but think you can help me with my questions. Great youtube site and forum! I will happily order what I need from your sponsors

Admiral

Welcome to the forum, anything RC is welcome here, after a bad Helicopter crash I've often threatened to change to boats.

Barge

Hello and welcome, if it uses Tx and Rx someone here will be able to help out. Water proofing would be an art form I should imagine.

Are you into nitro or electricity?

- - - Updated - - -

Let me put it this way Admiral, if you crash a heli at least you get to salvage some of the bits. Has anybody tried a submarine?

Lee

Welcome to the forum.
Barge, I have been browsing a Submarine forum for a while. It may be on the cards in the future. I would like to build a replica of the Trident Sub my dad worked on.

Last edited:

Barge

Welcome to the forum.
Barge, I have been browsing a Submarine forum for a while. It may be on the cards in the future. I would like to build a replica of the Trident Sub my dad worked on.

Well I hope get to do that Lee, I have enormous respect for everyone that has or is serving in the armed forces. I actually do like subs, a fascinating piece of technology now, but those oldies they look extremely challenging to work in. The Fremantle Maritime Museum has a Cold War unit that you can tour through and it blew me away looking at the conditions they worked in, it may have been an Oberon.

Tony

Staff member
The only reason boats are not a hot topic is mainly because they are not that popular. I would love to see more boat folks on here! Post up any help you need and we will help you out in any way we can.

Derek

Welcome to the forum! Heck yeah! I wanna see some boat pictures and videos!!! Post your questions. I'm sure someone here will be able to help.

boatnewbie

Hello and welcome, if it uses Tx and Rx someone here will be able to help out. Water proofing would be an art form I should imagine.

Are you into nitro or electricity?

- - - Updated - - -

Let me put it this way Admiral, if you crash a heli at least you get to salvage some of the bits. Has anybody tried a submarine?

I will be using electricity. I have a rough prototype catamaran right now that is 36 x 18". I am going to rig this to drop fishing baits off a good distance away from the beach. So I would appreciate some help with electric motors and how to rig a servo to open and close a door (such as a bomb drop on a plane) or maybe to just open a latch and allow the metal bottom to open up. I'll start a separate thread.

Thanks for the warm welcome

Top Bottom