NEW BIRD

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
This is my Align 700 DFC. This is not the first flight but one of the first. LOL

I wonder if any of you guys have successfully used the user-defined (transmitter, blue light) control behavior instead of one of those preset control behaviors ( i.e. beginner, sports, pro, extreme).

I tried that yesterday and it did not go too well. Tail response was insanely fast. With very low gain values, I still had tail wag during lazy circles (yes, I do that a lot. It is good orientation exercise for me) and tail down funnels.

Today I changed it to "pro" mode and all that tail wag just went away.

(HD available)

My Align Trex 700 DFC - YouTube

pvolcko

I use transmitter mode setting on the 7200BX. No issues. Haven't tried any of the pre-programmed modes.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
yep transmitter mode is a prefferred mode. Need to lower the gain on the TX if its too high .. it will wag.

I can still hear tail oscillations...

but apart from that, the bird looks AMAZING BRO!! GOOD job!

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
I use transmitter mode setting on the 7200BX. No issues. Haven't tried any of the pre-programmed modes.

What bird do you have the gyro on? What tail gain values do you use?

- - - Updated - - -

yep transmitter mode is a prefferred mode. Need to lower the gain on the TX if its too high .. it will wag.

I can still hear tail oscillations...

but apart from that, the bird looks AMAZING BRO!! GOOD job!

Keen ears you have, Gaba. I was so mesmorized with the whooshing sounds of the big blades that I overlooked that. Definitely will pay more attention to that on the next flight. Thanks

Last edited:

Lee

Looks great dude. I flew with TX setting for a long time, but recently changed to Pro which felt very similar to my TX settings.

pvolcko

7200BX on both a 550 X Pro and a 300X. 300X is running 57.5% gain (setting in a DX7s) and 550 X Pro is running gain of 55.0%. I can probably bump the 550X's gain settings up. I ran as high as 65 or 70% in setup testing and didn't get any wag. But I'm not getting any drifting either. I'm also not putting them through serious maneuvers yet so I may end up tweaking as my flight profile changes.

Top Bottom