New at Helicopters

Gaylan

I am new at all of this and I do mean all of this. Learning the terminology with RC & Helicopter RC is a first. Even learning to look and write on forums is a first. I have been working on learning to fly my TREX 450 Plus. September will be a year. I can begin to start writing a book now on what not to do. I have learned a lot about repair of a helicopter. I do not have an access to anyone to help me on site to fly so have been reading, you tubing and working with my simulator and am not crashing near as much as I was.

My daughter gave me a 450L Dominator for Christmas and am presently building it, have not been in a hurry, though. Want to increase my skills. My poor old 450 plus has really taken a licking but it keeps on ticking.

I am an old dog (59) trying to learn a new trick. I enjoy working on the helicopter almost as much as flying it. It has been fun figuring everything out. Lots of figuring out. I do not enjoy the crashes at all that I have gone through; however, figuring out what is broken and needs repair and then figuring out how to do it and then getting everything aligned and flight worthy--then seeing it hoover like a top and skim through the air is really awesome.

I am really appreciative of the RC guys/gals that are so willing to patiently direct and put up with the beginners like me.

pvolcko

Welcome aboard, Gaylan! Lots of info here on building, repairing, troubleshooting, and even some about actually flying. :)

Graham Lawrie

Welcome to the forum from Scotland Gaylan:) you have come to the right place:) loads of help on here and lots of info on the 450 Helicopter section:)

Barge

Hi Gaylan, I'm just about to do my first flight with a 450L in a couple of days, my passion is building but the challenge of flying a heli is right up there as well. Knowledge is confidence and there is an abundance of that here, welcome to RCH.

Top Bottom