700 New 880 size 3D heli

wolfman76

yeah but then whispering into your other ear GO AHEAD THE WIFE WON'T MIND YOU WILL BE THE FIRST KID ON THE BLOCK TO HAVE ME!!!! LOL

pvolcko

!! That can't be right. That's equivalent to 30 horsepower. On a 14S electrical system that is 391A current draw. 342A on a 16S setup. 5000mA packs means 68C discharge rate at peak draw.

This thing has to be running something like 10000mAh packs, 7 or 8S, two in series. And have a pretty high end ESC on there. Figure 342A as a peak current level, then 1/3 to 1/2 that would be normal draw, 170A. I guess it isn't out of the realm of reality... still. That's a whole lot of power.

Last edited:

Derek

I just heard that Heli-Direct will be the US distributor for the Velos 880 monster helicopter. Release date is December-ish.

Velos 880.jpg

Velos 880.jpg

murankar

Staff member
That is still one mean looking beast. Those skids look fragile on that thing just sitting there. Boy what I would give to get one.

Derek

That is still one mean looking beast. Those skids look fragile on that thing just sitting there. Boy what I would give to get one.

the skids are actually quite rigid. That was something that I remember checking while at IRCHA. It is definitely a mean looking machine...no doubt!!! I'd love to have one!!!

Not my cup of tea( dont like the skids on these elite market high end helis:) glad i cant afford one:)

Yeah, this helicopter will appeal to some and not to others. I definitely love this machine. Unfortunately, I'd have to refinance my house and both trucks in order to afford this beast, lol. I know a guy, here in town, that says he's going to get one. I'll believe it when I see it....I hope he does get one. I'd like to hear this machine in the air.

Derek

They guy that I spoke to at IRCHA 2014 said that the kit was estimated to be $1500-$2000. No blades, no electronics.

Derek

Yeah, I still haven't seen any flight video of this beast. The public release date is scheduled for December-ish. I'm sure we'll see some video then.

I play $5.00 on the lottery every week. If I win, I'll have this 880. Well....I can dream, lol.

Top Bottom